Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:13:38 AM

Author Topic: help please  (Read 2449 times)

help please
« on: April 20, 2012, 03:18:11 PM »
hi, looking for any and all input . i got done retrofitting my machine with pmdx boards they work great also using a vfd and leadshine drivers . problem i have is when i run a part program i get alot of different reasons the program stopped running . i get external e-stop , limit switches tripped . go to f7 page and no inputs are on for the e-stop or limit switches. sometimes the program will run none stop for 10 times and then it will not make it past the 1 or second hole .

things i have done

moved vfd out of control box with the 126 board and drivers
added safety grounds
changer power supply for 110
installed a filter for line voltage .

open to any ideas going bald here .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help please
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »
Do you have your 5v signal wires and motor wires shielded and the shield grounded to a single point?
Setting a debounce interval on General Config may help, its really just masking the issue and proper shielding would be my preference, but try 2000 and drop down to as low as you can if it helps.
Some people like to use 0.1uF caps on inputs to filter noise.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:53:58 AM »
check your wiring and switches for cracks, damp and coolant, any conductivity will show up as a triggered switch and drag the pin voltage down.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
just wanted to say thanks for the help. after a few days of pulling my hair out i have fixed my problems . the vfd i am using produce allot of noise and i have moved it from the control box and installed it in another box . have shielded all my wires for the drives and ran a shielded cable for the 107 board to control the vfd. Thur all this changes i am still having some trouble with a limit switch going to replace all the limit switch as they are old from 1972 they are original to machine . will send pictures of it running . thanks again for all the help .