Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:55:26 PM

Author Topic: Sherline Driver Box and Mach3 Direction Enable  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Sherline Driver Box and Mach3 Direction Enable
« on: April 22, 2012, 07:49:11 PM »
Hi. It's been a long time since re-installing Mach 3 for me. I bought a Smoothstepper and am using a laptop now. Generally works well. However, it seems that for the X and only the X direction, in 'ports and pins', 'low-active' assignment, needs to not be checked in order to have the proper and normally accepted directions take place.
I don't remember that being the case but as I said, it's been a while. Every other axis for the 'Dir Low Active', is checked (all the 'step'  low active's are checked).
Anyone using a Sherline driver box that can confirm this to be the case?-Keith

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Sherline Driver Box and Mach3 Direction Enable
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »
It doesnt matter which way you have the Dir active state as long as it moves the axis in the direction required. Likely you just have the motor wired opposite to the others or could even be its the end of the axis its on.
Hood

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: Sherline Driver Box and Mach3 Direction Enable
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »
Yeah, as long as it's moving right but I haven't changed the wiring and don't remember that one axis being different from the other and I'm the curious type wondering if I just didn't remember that when I set up the system so long ago. A part of me seems to recall something like that but another part of me doesn't. No biggee, it works.-Keith