Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:42:31 AM

Author Topic: X & Y Driver/Configuration Issues  (Read 6737 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: X & Y Driver/Configuration Issues
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:22 AM »
If you were using the motors on the other table then it still makes it sound like the motors are faulty or wired incorrectly on the original machine.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 09:07:17 AM »
Nope, I should have mentioned my other table has different motors on it. Sorry. I'll have to take another look at the motors that are faulty to see if there is something I'm overlooking. Thanks for the help Hood!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
I have every axis running smoothly and the correct distances! Thanks again! But I do have one problem with the Z-axis. When I travel down the movement is very smooth, but when I travel up the movement is a little jerky and may be missing some steps. The Z-axis is a 2mm pitch screw (1 start) so at 1/2 stepping I set the Z-axis to 200 Mach3 steps/mm, and set the velocity to 1200mm/min and acceleration to 2000mm/sec/sec. I have also tried the other micro-stepping configurations with their corresponding Mach3 steps/mm, but have the same jerky movement travelling up and smooth travelling down. Any ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
What I was meaning when I said "If you were using the motors on the other table" eas that you were using motors from the other machine and not the ones you couldnt get working.

So presume it was a wiring issue?

Sounds like your Z motor is either too small, you have accel and velocity set too high or there are some really sticky patches on your axis.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »
I noticed some rust on the end of the screw so I cleaned it up and lubricated the screw, and all is working great! Thanks for the help Hood!