Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:57:45 PM

Author Topic: NEED HELP SETTING UP NEWMARK CONTROLLER AND SLIDES WITH MACH3 ETHERNET  (Read 12371 times)

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile

From the PDF

Configuring Mach:

Limit \ Home connections:
Limit and home switches are configured on the ports & pins inputs   <---------------------------------------------
screen.

They are wired to the Galil inputs and configured as in the table below:
All use port #1
X +limit ----- pin #1 A +limit ----- pin #4
X –limit ----- pin #9 A –limit ----- pin #12
X home ----- pin #17 A home ----- pin #20
Y +limit ----- pin #2 B +limit ----- pin #5
Y –limit ----- pin #10 B –limit ----- pin #13
Y home ----- pin #18 B home ----- pin #21
Z +limit ----- pin #3 C +limit ----- pin #6
Z –limit ----- pin #11 C –limit ----- pin #14
Z home ----- pin #19 C home ----- pin #22

The screen is config >General config > ports & pins > inputs
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
Kenny,

Thanks again for your time and for the quick response.  Unfortunately, I'm still not finding it.  Obviously, if 100’s… maybe 1000’s of other people are using Ethernet connected Galil/Mach3’s and they have had no problems finding the correct screen  it has to be something I'm not seeing or doing correct.  Believe me, I'm not usually “That Guy” and don't relish playing the part.  I don't want to annoy or anger you.  You've helped me out many more times than you know (directly and indirectly via other peoples questions), you and a combination of others, but mostly you, Steve, and Brian.   Thanks again. 
The only place I can find with a “config” > “ports and pins” > “inputs” is the screen that's for a parallel port.  If I try the route you gave I hit a dead end at General Config, which becomes “General Logic Configuration” with all kinds of check boxes for settings but no tabs or further menu options.  It's as if we have different screens with different menus.  I just downloaded R3.043.022 and the Galil DMC Ethernet plugin 4.5 to my laptop and the screens and menus are the same as computer on the mill.  Can I Skype you so I can aim my camera to the screen and you can tell me where to click?  I'm away for work weekdays, roughly 9am-7pm Central time.  If you could suggest a time to call, I'll do my best not to waste much of your time. 

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Skype me when you get home and I'll walk you through it.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
Thank You
Kenny,

I've tried to Skype you a few times around 7:00PM Central (9:00PM your time).  I'll try again in 30 min and again 30 min after that.  My Skype name is partytroll.  If I don't catch you can you suggest another time that's convenient for you?