Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:25:07 PM

Author Topic: Set Z to zero automatically?Auto tool zero questions  (Read 85099 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Set Z to zero automatically?Auto tool zero questions
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2007, 05:02:26 AM »

Well I'm back.  :)

Is there any line or lines of code I can put at the beginning of the macro to sort of jerk Mach out of

whatever state a slaved axis move leaves it in?

I tried   Code "G90 F400"  like Scott had in his macro.  That made no difference.

Also tried hitting reset twice after a slaved move and before running macro.  Same no difference.

Any suggestions?

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2007, 01:23:44 AM »

I have done some more playing around and discovered another clue.

After doing an X axis (slaved) move the macro plays up.

Then if I hit Reset twice (enter reset state and exit reset state) then do a homing sequence (Ref All) the macro will work again.

This is not a practical work around but may give someone a clue as to what is going on

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 05:36:37 PM »

As most of you know Art is much more active on the Yahoo group so I have been posting there.

Art has found the bug and will have it fixed in the next release.  Yipeeee!!!!!!!

Soon I will have reliable Tool Zero macro.   ;D   :o

Thanks again Scott for getting me started here.

Greg

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 12:22:58 AM »
Hey Greg,

Glad you got that problem figured out and that the Z zero will soon work for you!

Regards,
Scott

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

OK after a couple of hiccups Art has fixed the bug and it seems to be working great.   :)

Greg
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2007, 11:52:41 AM »
Hi where do I find Screen4 to Download and is the Auto Tool Zero on the Mach default screen set the same as what is being discussed on this forum.
I have seen this in action on U-tube and it is a must have If it is not on the default screen I think it should be there as it is very useful as everyone zeros the Z axis
Jim

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2007, 10:05:09 PM »
Hey Jim,

Here's Screen4 http://www.machsupport.com/Downloads/Screen4.zip

The "Auto Tool Zero" button is not the same, in fact it doesn't have any script behind/under it at all.

Scott
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 09:19:31 PM »
Thanks to you all you guys, I've got a custom screen, macro that seems to work, and a plate fabricated. My problem(?) is the actual wiring to Bob Campbell's excellent BOB. There doesn't seem to be a probe or spare input, and I think I'd like to use the Z limit switch input for the probe. Am I right that I need to modify my config(.xml) file to do this? Or am I missing something obvious?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
On a printer port, pins  10 - 13 and 15 are inputs.

It should not matter which input you use.

If the one labeled "Z limit" is spare then that will be fine.

Just set the pin you are using in "Ports and Pins" as probe and set it to active low.

Now here is the rub.  A lot of the BOB makers pull the inputs low with on board circuitry.

That is they are low when at rest.  This is fine for a limit or estop switch but ......

This device described in this thread needs an input that is high when at rest.

You will need to check that out on your particular BOB or with the manufacturer.

Greg
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »
Greg,

Thanks for clarifying some of this for me - I think I'm close. I have a pin assigned to "Probe", and I can see it toggle an LED state in the Diagnostics screen when I ground the touch pad. However, its state (i.e., grounded or not) doesn't affect the running of the macro, which runs to the limit of it's travel, retracts, and displays the "z axis now zeroed" message.

I guess I don't understand what in the macro tells it which pin is hooked up to the probe...

Again, my thanks for the help.

SF