Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:43:35 AM

Author Topic: Set Z to zero automatically?Auto tool zero questions  (Read 85074 times)

Re: Set Z to zero automatically?Auto tool zero questions
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »
Found the Mach2 costumizaton PDF. guess Ill read that a while.

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:23 AM »
GNBG,

I don't think that second video exists yet.

If you load some of the various wizards and go to 'Operator/Edit Button Script', you can look at many macros that have been done and learn by example.  Also, download some of the docs on scripting and the button, led, dro, etc. lists on the Wiki.

If you load the default .set in the editor and make some changes (add buttons, leds, etc.), do a save as, give it a name, and save it in the root Mach3 folder.  You can then open that screen set from Mach3 by going to 'View/Load Screens'.

If you make your own screen that uses different backgrounds etc., you will need a folder of jpgs with a name that goes with your screen set which is placed in the Mach3/bitmaps folder.  These jpgs are then selected in the screen editor.  Or you can just reference the original ones for your new set.

Hope this helps a bit.  Keep pluggin' away at it and it will gradually all come together.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:45:23 AM by Scott »
Scott
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 11:10:18 AM »
Be careful of the Screen4 editor. If you open it on a small screen that requires the display to have scroll bars it will totally screw up the screen set- stuff gets moved  all over and you cannot get it right.

I use a big monitor- 1280x1024 to edit the wizard screens in 1024x768.

I agree with the suggestion to look at existing code- its the best way to learn. But Id copy the 1024.set file, I call it My1024.set, then I mess with that one. If I blow it there is always the original unaltered screen to get back to.

I have never been able to get Screen4 to display jpg images- there is a button to turn them on or off, but for me they are always off. I believe it has to do with which folder the Screen4 image is in, but I have not been able to get it right.

The screen edit and macro ability is one of Machs best features, its a shame the editor is such a hack and so frustrating for beginners to use..

Hood

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
ok Im determined to learn how to set this up. I watched the scripting video and Im reading over the macro that was posted a page back or so. I understand some of it. but not all. the video mentioned an advanced scripting video but I did not see one on the site.

Dont think there is an advanced video :(

is there any other tutorials I can get my hands on to teach me how to do this.

I am trying to write some macros for my lathe, I am getting there but its been a struggle. Dont know of any tutorials but I have found that by looking at other macros you get some ideas, also there is a list of commands etc on the downloads page I think. It doesnt mean much at first butsome of  it is starting to make sense now.

also I opened my screen editor and then opened the standard mach screenset. and everything in that file is all over the place so I had to spend an hour just moving DRO's and buttons to there proper place. one of my questions is if I want to create a screenset or add a button in screen designer. how do I load that screens set into my mach3 program.

If you save your screenset to the Mach folder then all you do is open Mach, go to View menu then load screens, browse to where your screen is and choose it. It will then open your screen every time you use Mach.

Hood
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:29 PM »
hmm Im looking on the downloads page for the list of commands and Im not seeing it. What is it called.
chris ???

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
Try the Wiki  http://www.machsupport.com/MachCustomizeWiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Table of contents:
   4.2 is the VB scripting commands .pdf and 9.1-10 are all the reference tables for LED's, buttons, DRO's, etc.
Scott
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 10:53:43 PM »
Hello Scott,
here is the .set file.
Thank You,Marco.
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:59 AM »
Hello Scot,
Here is the file,
Thank You,Marco
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »
Hey what Imput are most of you using for your touch  plates. are you setting it up in the touchprobe box or are you just using one of the blank inputs.
not sure why that matters yet. but Ill get there.
can anyone else post the script they'r using so I can compare the two that are on this posting?

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2007, 01:13:47 AM »
Probe
Scott