Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Author Topic: Homing problem  (Read 2691 times)

Homing problem
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:13:31 AM »
Several problems this am-I am a newbie.
For some reason our z axis reads -32.9 and we can't get it to zero. Everytime we start it, it plows into the table????
We have looked at the tutorial several times and can't get it homed???????
Any help would be great.

Tony

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 03:17:59 AM »
Do you have home switches?
If you dont pressing RefAll will set machine zero at the point you press it, if you do then it will move to the switches and set machine zero there.
A bit more info would likely help on understaning what your problem is, also attaching your xml file would help.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »
My most common (and expensive ) error is forgetting to reset the Z axis to zero after a tool change. I've forced myself to double check it every time before i run a part program. I shouldn't admit - but I will - that after an accidental e-stop loses my home position i sometimes just manually jog to where  zero on the part should be, reset the dros to 0 and run.

Guy
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »
Thanks guys. I talked to the guy I got the machine from (Romaxx)and he suggested I reinstall Mach3, thinking it might have gotten corrupted. I did that a short while ago. Tonight I will send him the gcode file for him to look at as well.
I might not have been to smart jumping into cnc with my limited computer skills but.....

Tony