Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:58:12 AM

Author Topic: ESS HOMING ISSUE  (Read 10585 times)

ESS HOMING ISSUE
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »
I just replaced my USB SS (because of noise issues) with an ESS. I configured the ESS just like the USB SS was. Every thing works fine ,except when I home the machine Z is fine, Y is fine ,but X does the following:       X=master axis and XA=slave axis

1st try- both homed and pulled off fine then X came back and hit the home switch again (everything works fine after this it's just not squared)
        2nd try-both homed and pulled off fine then XA came back and hit the home switch again (everything works fine after this it's just not squared  
        3rd try -both homed and pulled off fine then X came back and hit the home switch again (everything works fine after this it's just not squared

This pattern continues,I even cut everything off and when I tried it again it picked up the pattern where it left off. I never had homing issues before.
        Thanks for any help on this  . Tommy  

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: ESS HOMING ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
Maybe post up what plugin version and Mach version. I don't have any slave axes, but my 4 axis BP clone homes just fine with the ESS. Someone will be able to offer assistance, but SS and Mach versions often help.
--
Tom
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:18:02 AM »
I had mach ver, R3.042.040 but after you asked I remembered that useing the latest version was recomended. Now I have Mach ver R3.043.062 and ESS ver.ESS-v10a. I still have the same problem. Thanks,Tommy

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 11:49:57 AM »
Maybe search the forum on Warp9 for plugin version 10da2 and 10da3. I don't know why they don't post the plugin revs on the site, but they don't.

You might also try Jeff Birts configuration doc here. http://www.soigeneris.com/Ethernet_SmoothStepper-details.aspx

I'm afraid I don't know what else to say as I have no experience with slaved axes.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
Thanks Tom, I will try that. Tommy
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Hey Tom, Got the newest one I could find, v10da2 .Here's what happens now. X side homes like normall, but XA side homes like normal, stops where it should be,then comes back hits the home switch again, then goes back to where it should be, end result is everything ends where it should be,but with an extra step on the XA side. Maybe I will find the 10da3,Jeff's site gave me the 10da2 so I don,t know where else to look( kinda strange Warp9 would not have them on there site with the fixes the new ver. did) . Thanks again for your help, Tommy

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
Try here, a link to 10da5, the latest I know about and the one I'm using. Try with Mach dev version 062 available here on machsupport.

http://warp9td.com/files/ESS_v10da5.zip

--
Tom
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
Thanks Tom,I installed the 10da5 and the issue is still the same. Gregg responded to this issue on the warp9 forum and will be working on homing and slave axis. I got the latest ver.thru your link but still can't find it my self on warp9,I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again for your help.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
You're not missing anything on the warp9td site, they aren't posted anywhere!! I got the link to 10da5 because I was testing for some other software and ran into a SS issue. Greg fixed it, told the guy I was testing for, who told me and sent me the link!! I have no idea why these aren't available on the download page, perhaps with a warning, but they're not publicly available that I'm aware of. Hopefully Greg will get a new dll posted soon with all these little fixes.
--
Tom

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:12:25 AM »
Please be sure to let everyone know when this issue is fixed. I'd like to buy one, but I'd prefer if everything was working.
Thanks,
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html