Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:03:52 PM

Author Topic: 20 yr old cnc control needs replacement, and i need help.  (Read 18487 times)

Re: 20 yr old cnc control needs replacement, and i need help.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 02:31:23 PM »
Hi, I found these discussions from a few years back about bringing the control systems of an Acra CNC mill up to date. I'm facing the same problem. I picked up a Accupath Accu II, which seems the same basic Bridgeport clone as an Acra, and with the same CNC Automation M3X conversion. I hooked mine up to 240v single phase and all appeared to be well, but after removing the X table to get it in the shop (then replacing it), I'm hitting a bunch of positioning errors.

So do you have any advice on resetting the stock M3X software so it will Home? And any tricks to resetting the X table?

Maybe more importantly, did you end up getting yours converted to a newer control package, and if so what route did you end up going?

Thank you!
Sean
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
from my pm to Soloiej:

no advice at all, my machine failed very shortly again after my last post 8 years ago.

i am still thinking about installing a different control, but havent tried.  im retired, it has been low priority.  i am also thinking of posting up the mill and a nardini 17 x 40 fast trace lathe with the same problems, good iron but bad control, for a swap with someone who wants the bigger machines and taking a working hobby size cnc machine(s) trade in their place.  im in sw nh, will consider distance, not traveling too far, and whoever wants my old machines will need to rig them out of my garage and yard.

jfyi, cnc automation has gone to using the uccnc stuff, ive spoken with them, and they rave about uccnc smoothness speed and accuracy.
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me! Bummer that you don't have the magic 5-minute fix in your pocket. For what I paid, I'm happy with the mill even just to use manually if I must. I started with an old Prazi 400 mill/lathe and I love it but it just doesn't do the stuff very solidly. And I haven't yet given up on getting the original M3X controller working. If I find any answers I'll stay in touch, at least to include in your sales listing info.