Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:54:49 AM

Author Topic: PC Specification??  (Read 5224 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: PC Specification??
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
A smoothstepper may be  as cheap as building or buying a computer ;)
Back in the days when I was using the parallel port I only   had two computers that wouldnt run well, one was a laptop and the other was a cheap motherboard (PcChips) with integrated graphics. However saying that I was building my own computers from off the shelf motherboards etc. Some of the big name computers seem to have proprietary components and seem to do background  things that you cant disable.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 04:44:41 AM »
Thanks Hood

I am reading up on SS my concern at the moment is the homing of the slave axis.
Reading on the SS page there seems to be an issue when trying to home the gantry onto both drives
I really don't want to trade one issue for another, so will keep reading and trying to learn more
You would have thought with all the many people out there using Mach the PC question shouldn't be that difficult to resolve
As I have said when in the config every thing is spot on and I couldn't ask for anything better
But as soon as I return to the run screen it all goes "Pete tong", just got to find out what, why and resolve it one way or another

Thanks again

Ex Apprentice

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »
Dont really know, thought slaved homing was sorted long ago but as I dont use it I cant be sure.
Hood