Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 02:10:35 PM

Author Topic: MACH3 + Pokeys56U + 3 axys + 3 encoder (chanel A and B) for positioning axis.  (Read 12909 times)

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
I'm new future user of Pokeys56U (Pay but don't send still.

I'm planning my new CNC machine. Is a modified LPT1+Stepper Motor Machine, to convert to USB + SERVO Machine.

¿ Is possible connect 3 encoders (1024 pulse / revolution) to Pokeys56U for make a positioning of 3 ayis (X,Y,Z) ?

In the Pokeys Manual was writen (3 fast encoders and 1 ultra fast encoders)...... What but how much faster is for pokeys ? and what is ultra fast for pokeys ? (1KHz, 10KHz....100KHz ?) I need this data for make a timming aproximation for know MAX STEP/PULSE per REVOLUTION that I can do.

Thanks a lot.
I think is a good product.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Hi, txpto. At the moment, PoKeys can not drive servo motors directly, but you can read encoder values and set PWM outputs in your application (not via Mach3 unfortunately).
Ultra fast encoder should go beyond 1 MHz, while fast encoders should handle 10-50 kHz. The exact maximum frequency is hard to define due to it being dependant on the other activated features.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
PoKeys can drive servo motors drivers if they are accepting step/dir signals (most new drivers are).

I mean that txpo wanted to use encoders for positionin reading. Does plugin already suport these?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Hi NeoTO and hi borisz.

En effect, my intention is control servo controller with a STEP/DIR converted to Quadrature A and B channel. I found a schematic online.

servo+reductor-->shaft-----+encoder (1024pulses/rev).

encoder of shaft connected to pokeys board.

Mach3 control position through this encoder.

this is the reason why I ask how fast I can read the encoder through pokeys.

If sample and hold time is more than 1/10KHz I think is suficient for make a correct control. No speed, but correct.

When arrive my pokeys, test this and write if is correct.

Thanks fot support.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Be aware that PoKeys Mach3 plugin uses buffered mode commands. The buffer depth is 128 ms. Also, communication between Mach3 and PoKeys56U is limited to about 100-200 Hz. Even more, the communication is very undeterminate (uneven delays) and you should not use the PoKeys device in the control loop.

Position of the encoder can be read back by plugin and sent to Mach, but this can not be used for control of the position.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:16:58 PM by NeoTO »

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Ok. thank for fast reply.
In this case the red line between encoder and pokeys, resend to inverter in mode gearing position with encoder feedback.
And position readed for pokeys is only for shows DROs in mach3 software.

Is another solution for elikinate backlash in motor and reducer.

I wish that newest firmaares in future can it do this idea.

Thanks a lot

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Hello

Today, I connected Pokeys to new hardware only X axis.

Pulse mode activated and circuit   step/dir ---> Quadrature A,B schematic mounted.

Pulse/mode in X axis with pokeys hardware external WORKS OK.

25.000 steps per second configured.

ONLY 80 micro seconds wide pulse WOOOOWWWW !!!!

I reporting soon
Thanks

Offline txpto

•  26 26
    • View Profile
MACH3 + Pokeys56U + 3 axys + 3 encoder (chanel A and B) UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
Hey all,

A little update of my system.

In this moment, only one axis is connected, but works perfectly with pokeys.

TEORIC max speed will be 36,6mm per second at 0.0015 mm x step.

0.0015 is very high for my machine, and I will reduce to 0.015. New Feed rate speed is 366mm per second (WWOOOOOOOWWWW).

Is enought for make a REAL FAST HOMMING.

For machining, speed will be reduced at 20 or 30mm per second.

See you