Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:41:12 AM

Author Topic: Siemens Micromaster 440  (Read 6741 times)

Siemens Micromaster 440
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
I have a CNC Router with a Perske VS50 spindle controlled by a Siemens Micromaster 440 and would like to know if I can control the RPM of the spindle from Mach3, if so how?

Thanks Matt.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Siemens Micromaster 440
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »
Most likely you would have to get a spindle controller, quite a few places sell them, PMDX, Homann Designs, CNC4PC are a few that sell them.
If your VFD supports modbus you may be able to control it via that without any additional hardware.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

i have given up on the speed control idea for now, but i am having problems with the spindle.

i have recently purchased a C35 and C36 boards form cnc4pc with the intension of having the C36 relay board control the spindle on/off, i have setup the correct ports in mach3 but when i connect every thing together and try to turn on the spindle there is an estop triggered instantly.

any ideas?

thanks Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
Could be noise or could be a config issue, if you attach your xml I will look for the latter.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
Hi Matt
I run a siemens micromaster 420 on my lathe driving a std 4pole induction motor in delta connection. For speed controll from Mach, I have used the pwm output, it converts to analogue signal via my breakout board and connected the 0v and sig from the BOB to terminal 3 and 4 on the vfd (analog in). You have to configure the micromaster to be able to switch on and off via terminals instead of the operator panel on the vfd. On the micromaster 420 I had to set P700 to 2 as well as P1000 to 2 and the set P2000 to the max hz that you will be running the drive at as the factory setting is set at default 50 or 60 hz, depending on the setting on the switch on the vfd panel. If all goes well then you will see the freq flashing on the vfd screen if you program mach M3 S???. Now to switch vfd on and off I have used the 24v onboard the micromaster supplied by pin 8 and ran it through relay on BOB back to pin 5 on vfd (switch on vfd when relay is closed). To run spindle in opposite direction I had to link pin 6 on the terminals of the vfd to the wire running from pin 8 to pin 5 via another relay on the BOB and this switches the freq to negative and thus changed spindle direction. When you get this far it is fairly straight forward to config mach 3 to controll the actual speed of your spindle. Please note that my setup is for a 420 micromaster and the 440 has more terminals and therefore might differ from mine. The analog inputs etc.
Hope this help.

Cheers
Gordon
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:56 AM »
Thank for your reply Gordan that is exactly what I needed to know.

Cheers Matt