Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:41:45 PM

Author Topic: Do we need the artificial glare ?  (Read 5624 times)

Do we need the artificial glare ?
« on: January 04, 2007, 09:19:30 PM »
I realize that it's a matter of taste, but can the glare on the various buttons be eliminated?

I realize that it's there to make them all look realistic but when we consider all the things we do in everyday life to eliminate glare - anti-glare screens, sunglasses, visors, etc., is it necessary to actually add it intentionally to the screens ? For my eyes, I actually find that the artificial glare makes the screen items even harder to read, not easier, ... just like in real life !

I'm not trying to be critical guys because I really love what you're doing.

When the screens are available for download, and assuming we have the right software, can we users remove the glare ?
David Morrow

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Re: Do we need the artificial glare ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »
I agree that the screens should be more geared towards functionality and ease of use than realism.
I think there is going to be the full gamut of screens to chose from coming out here soon.

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
Yes we need it.
Well on my work anyway, its my trade mark :)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
Glare looks pretty when sitting at the computer development desk, but in the real world when youre watching your screen from 3-4 feet away, jogging up to a part.... Glare is WORTHLESS

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:26:09 PM »
I guess that is why we are all free to design our own screen to suit our own tastes :)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 02:58:28 AM »
Touche....