Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:11:45 AM

Author Topic: macro with x y z a name??  (Read 3805 times)

macro with x y z a name??
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
I need to do a macro with X Y Z A names because I need to control a motor with that G CODE. For example:

G0 A90 'I need to work in a macro that read "90" and move a motor 90 in A direction.

Can I do this?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: macro with x y z a name??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 06:44:48 AM »
Not really sure what you are asking but

Code"G0A90"

In a macro will move the A Axis to 90 if not already there. You would also need a

While IsMoving()
Wend

after it if you wanted Mach to wait until the move was complete before the macro progressed.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
Not really sure what you are asking but
Hood
I am not really sure how I can explain to you....

I have a trouble because I have a stepper motor in my 4axis and AJAX board in my x y z axes. I need to write a macro (A) that can move the stepper motor because I can not work with plugin and parallel port at the same time.

I am not really sure if this solution is availible because the macros are in the form "M*********.m1s". I do not know if the The linear and circular interpolation not involved in the 4 axis (rotate table)

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
A macro is not going to work as it can not send out pulses unless it is via your  Ajax board and as that will likely be an analogue output board then it will only work with an analogue servo amplifier.
Have you contaccted Ajax to see if they can suggest anything?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 03:18:11 PM »
Have you contaccted Ajax to see if they can suggest anything?
Hood

Yes, I contacted Ajax Engineers but they told me that I must buy a board for my 4 axis. If I buy this board, I need to buy a new rotary table with new servo motors, etc ($$$$)... I think that is crazy because MACH3 has development tools....

I told ajax about the protocol that they implement on their board but I do not receive any answer.

Juan Andrés

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
Afraid that is one of the bad things about going with such a device as the Ajax controller for Mach, you are limited to what Ajax make available unfortunately.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »
Afraid that is one of the bad things about going with such a device as the Ajax controller for Mach, you are limited to what Ajax make available unfortunately.
Hood
Yes, I am thinking to use the serial port nd a microcontroller like PIC to communicate to 4 axis. I am thinking in macros for doing this....
Regards.