Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:19:20 AM

Author Topic: Pin out for probe function  (Read 2573 times)

Pin out for probe function
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:56 AM »
I would like to use the probe function with the 2010 screenset, but on the input screen where it is enabled it has a note saying you can only use pins 10-13 and 15. Unfortunately the control I am using has all 5 pins enabled. There are other pins available in the control that are not used because it is not a 5 axis controller. My question is, will Mach3 recognize signal if I set it for pin 16 or 17 which are the pulse pins for the 5th axis? (not used in my controller) Gerry, if you read this, your 2010 screenset is awesome. I only hope I get to use the auto probe. Is there another work around for this.? (Anybody????)

Thanks in advance, ???
Martyondrums

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Pin out for probe function
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »
No on a machine with a single port setup you only have 5 inputs. If you add a second parallel Port to the computer then that will give you extra inputs and in addition if you need even more than the standard 5 inputs you can choose to have pins 2-9 as inputs rather than outputs.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »
You may be able to combine home and/or limit switches to free up a pin.
You could also add another parallel port, as Hood said.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:33:04 AM »
Da!!!!! Why didn't I think of this. (Mind F***) .  Thanks for your help. I think it will be easyest to add a second port and bring a lead wire form the computer to the CNC with a 25 pin connector. The computer sits close to the machine so distance is not an issue. I was looking to put a small 1/8 quick disconnect on the controller panel, but this will be less work.
Thanks again guys, :D :D :D

Martyondrums