Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:27:33 PM

Author Topic: Would like to revive the coil winder screen  (Read 13024 times)

Would like to revive the coil winder screen
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:06:06 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum although not new to Mach program. I do own diy cnc 3 axis router with a 4Th drive(A). Would like pursue my other hobby which requires coils of various sizes. Hence the idea, since I have 4Th axis why not use it as the spindle to wind coils along the Xor Y axis. In the download screenset area I have found nicely designed screen the buttons operate my 4Th axis and the X axis as well, but.. it will not accept any input other than directional axis movement (arrows). It says incomplete.
The question I have, what it would take to finish it? Can VB script get it going? Can amateur like me with coaching can make useable? ;) Thanks.

Best Regards..

BR
Re: Would like to revive the coil winder screen
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:16:21 AM »
Keeping this alive, since nobody bothered to answer simple question.. What this screenset needs to be operational? Thanks.

Best..
BR

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
BR, You can make a screen or modify the existing to do what you want I'm sure.  Have you ever worked on any screens?  If not you will want to go to Klauss's site and download MachScreen and watch the tutor videos on how to use it.

http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/index_eng.html#

Screen design comes with a learning curve like any thing else new to someone but it isn't too bad.  I have no idea what is needing to be finshed on the coil winder screen.  Have you read the coil winder thread that is the feedback link posted with the screen set?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »
Brett,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have read the whole thread and haven't been able to find exactly what the screen need it to be operational fully. I think I found work around this problem thou. In the very last post in above mentioned thread a somebody post a coil winding program that I can use even thou it use  XY and Z axis. I need a A axis as spindle, so since I have the backup computer that I'm not using I will install Mach3 and configure the z axis as A. This way all I have to do is switch motor cables and the parallel cable. I figured this would be quickest way switch back and forth...

Best

BR

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:23 PM »
BR, instead of switching between computers you can just set up another profile.   You can have multipul profiles with Mach.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:14:41 PM »
Are you 100% sure? My concern is this.. In the 'ports & pins' Motor Outputs section the the step and direction pins for the Z axis are going to be assigned to the 4Th axis (A drive). The steps and acceleration also be changed in the motor tuning area of the Z axis setting, to accommodate the rotary axis. If that make any sense.. Originally I was thinking about it, but quickly abandoned the idea out fear of screwing my current settings that are working like a charm. By swapping the computer I can experiment safely with out any worries. ;D ;D Thank you for suggestion. ;)

Cheers..

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
Yes you can use a different profile without risk of screwing up another. Profiles are totally seperate from one another.
I made a coild winder quite a few years ago and made my own screenset up, works great for me. I also made up a coil winding profile for my big lathe which I occasionally use to wind Alu welding wire from big reel onto to small reels for my spool on gun.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »
OK then, I will try setup different profile for coil winding. Thanks guys for the advice.