Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:26:09 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys 56U behaving erratically  (Read 2850 times)

Pokeys 56U behaving erratically
« on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Hi all,
I need a little help. I have a pokeys 56U with firmware version 3.0.25. It was working perfect until last night as I was changing some input settings. Now it is activating and cycling thru inputs automatically. I have reset and cleared all the settings on the unit. I have reinstalled the mach 3 plug-in, I have even moved the pokeys board to a separate computer and I am having no luck. I have it connected to a third computer with nothing attached to the board and I still can not get it to work properly.

Is there a way to do a hard reset on the pokeys board?
Those any one think that the board might be damaged?

Thanks

Raul
Re: Pokeys 56U behaving erratically
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »
 i had a similar problem. did you upgrade the pokeys recently? i had to go back to an older plugin. dont ask for help from Boris though. all you will get is insulting comments because the pokeys is  perfect and you are not!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:30:05 PM »
Tripleback,
Thank you very much for you suggestion. I had emailed the guys at Poscope and they had suggested how to reset it. After a couple of attempts, I finally got it to work. I did notice one thing on my little adventure trying to get the board to work correctly. If you have the pokeys board setup thru the pokeys software and then you have Mach3 pokeys settings different, Mach3 will override and rewrite the settings that are on Mach3 to the pokeys board.

Once again thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,
Raul

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:31:04 AM »
tripleback, you should understand that majority of support questions come from users that have never looked at the manual, ever...

remartinez, I am glad that you solved the problem. If you encounter this erratic behavior again, please contact me directly. We would like to know how this happens to duplicate the problem by ourselves.

Anyway, the 'official' Mach3 plugin that will be released in the coming weeks, will almost completely substitute the PoKeys software. We think that it is better to have all the settings in one place to avoid confusion. I don't have details on what the current plugin does with the settings - maybe Scott (poppabear) can answer you here.

Regards,
Matevž, PoLabs
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope