Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:13:51 PM

Author Topic: HiCON step/dir controller launched  (Read 35172 times)

HiCON step/dir controller launched
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
HiCON Motion controller for Step/Dir Drive Interface is now available.

• Motion control with or without encoder feedback.
  • High performance MPG control with Velocity and Acceleration profile
  • Analog Spindle Output
  • Instant feedhold
  • 50+ Digital Inputs and 24+ digital outputs
  • Easy configuration and setup
  • .Net Programming for System Integrators
  • ... and many other CNC features
Feel free to contact us for any questions.

sales _@_ vitalsystem.com  or skype  vital.system

thank you

HiCON Development Team
VITAL System
www.vitalsystem.com

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:15:57 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: HiCON step/dir controller launched
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:55 PM »
The HiCON is strictly for stepper motors isn't it?
But it does offer encoder feedback to keep track of position.
So shouldn't it also run brush servo's?

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
Hi Tim,
Since it only outputs step and direction for each axis it can only run steppers or servo drives that take step and direction input.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:03:19 PM »
Ahhhh, so it will run Gecko 320x's then.

Good to know.

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
Is the encoder input for closed loop with the servo controller or with Mach3 software?.I have 3 AC servo amplifiers with encoder input and I want work with linear encoders in the 3 axis of my CNC router for backlash correction.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:14:06 PM by carlinos »
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »
currently there are no PID loops inside HiCON to do closed loop control.  however if you use encoder feedback from motor or glass scale, it is used as the starting point of every move, so if there are any lost steps by the motor, they will be removed when the next move is started.  www.machmotion.com has done many HiCON installations using AC drives in this setup with excellent results.  They also use differential step/dir signals which virtually eliminates any loss of steps.

regards,
Rufi

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:28:10 PM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:59:16 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, Rufi.

Offline Telco

•  21 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
Hello ,  i have purchased machmotions full lathe kit with 750watt Teco servos & drives , and the hicon controller. if  anyone has recommendations for settings please share any info you may have. I have a rotary encoder running at a 1:1 ratio with the spindle, and the main motor is powered by a 3hp mitsubishi vfd. I have the machine to the point where it will respond to basic g-code commands. I will be checking back frequently throughout the day if you need any more information just let me know. Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:26:57 PM by vitalsystem »
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
currently there are no PID loops inside HiCON to do closed loop control.  however if you use encoder feedback from motor or glass scale, it is used as the starting point of every move, so if there are any lost steps by the motor, they will be removed when the next move is started. 

Say I was doing a circle and Y axis missed ten steps, it will then correct things during the next quadrant? If the servo went too far, that will not be stopped from happening?
        What if I have to go to X0 Y0, from a rapid of course where lost steps are very likely to occur, and start drilling then move to X1 Y1 for another drilling cycle.  If, during the rapid, the axis didn't move far enough, and it went to X-.005 and Y-.010 will things get corrected before it pecks in the wrong location or not?  Will the next set of holes be drilled in X.995 and Y.990?           
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:25 PM »
Hello sir,

For example if you move the X axis from 0 to 1.00 and it stops at 0.995. If you then move the X axis to 2.00 the controller makes a calculation based on the current position (0.995) to correctly move to the target destination. In that case, the controller will calculate a distance of 1.005 to move in order to get to the next position (2 - 0.995 = 1.005).

Because of this, tiny offsets aren't cumulative.

I hope this answers your question.