Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:34:18 AM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper  (Read 7571 times)

Smooth Stepper
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
Hello,

I'm new and I'm trying to get smooth stepper working.  I've loaded the drivers and the MP3 file that creates the dll for the plugin.  The plugin shows in Mach Mill but nothing works.  Can anyone give me an idea or two on what I might check next.

Drew

;D
Re: Smooth Stepper
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
Do you have an Ethernet or USB Smooth Stepper? As you have to set up your network to work with the Ethernet version first. We will go from here once we know this.
Steve
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »
Wallerawang,

It's a USB smooth Stepper. 

Drew
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:25:44 AM »
Hi Drew
How have you got the smooth stepper powered? Through the USB cable, or a separate power supply or maybe a breakout board. You can only do it one of the ways. Do the LED's light up OK? The LED's show if it's powered and the FPGA is configured OK - Let us know the state of the LEDS for more clues to your problem. Have you read the documentation from the Warp9 web site as it covers this stuff. I will help as much as I can.
Steve

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:18 AM »
Did you choose the SS from the device select list?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
Hood,

Thanks.... I selected the Smooth Stepper in Plugin Control and Activation.  Do I need to select it from somewhere else too?

Drew

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 12:11:55 AM »
Take a look through this PDF: http://www.soigeneris.com/Document/Installing_and_Configuring_the_SmoothStepper.pdf It goes though all the steps of getting the USB SmoothStepper up and running.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
i found that doing all your setup in ports and pins with the parallel ports and then cloning the settings to a smoothstepper profile makes getting the smoothstepper configured well. that is if you have a pc with 2 parallel ports.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
Thanks guys. 

I am using a laptop, so I don't have a parallel port to work with.  I will look this document over carefully.  I'm on travel next two weeks so I won't be able to test anything till the 6th of April.  I'll let you know how it works out.  Best,

Drew
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
Jeff,

I went through the process you gave me, but won't be able to test it for sure till April, but I think this covered the problem I was having.  Problem solved I hope, thanks much,

Drew