Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:03:01 AM

Author Topic: Arduino Modbus, Complete, Documented and free  (Read 191377 times)

Re: Arduino Modbus, Complete, Documented and free
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:32 AM »
As found elsewhere on the internets, the answers are relatively simple: replace (or as I did, copy) all instances of WProgram.h to Arduino.h - the newer compilers changed this after this thread was created.

How did you do that? Did you just type #include <Arduino.h>  or you did something different? Would you mind to upload the correct sketch? I am newbie at arduino and mach3. Thanks in advance.

Constantine
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »
A little bit of reading and google gets you where you need to be .
You open each \file in the library you moved there and copy cut paste at the begging Wprogram.h to Ardunio.h
Open others code in notepad or wordpad to get a better look at how there written. When you save the file i note pad change the bottom drop down from TXT to ALL FILES then dot and file extension (Examaple Googlefu.h or Googlefu.tap)
link ----
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?PHPSESSID=d3n4glod3ktah18r8tambatfo3&topic=97455.0

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »
use notepad++ to do changes it makes it easier.
you look in the files to do with modbus its at the top of all the different files as mrich0908 says change Wprogram.h to Arduino.h, also all the .H and .CPP files need to be changed and put in the correct place as well.
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:28 AM »
use notepad++ to do changes it makes it easier.
you look in the files to do with modbus its at the top of all the different files as mrich0908 says change Wprogram.h to Arduino.h, also all the .H and .CPP files need to be changed and put in the correct place as well.

Your 100% correct. There are 4 files .  I never used Notepade++ . I keep reading about it . Whats the advantage over regular notepad? I haven't written a piece of code ever I just dabble changing others but really dont understand the whole arguments and variables thing.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »
you can change notepad++ to different coding types and it opens a file how it is if you used a proper coding program for what ever language its in, like how it looks in the arduino ide,
also it save in the language that the code is in, no changeing from say Arduino .pde to .txt back to .pde
it just makes life easer for doing simple changes, works with .Lua to.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 12:35:51 AM »
to get modus working with the newer ide there are some miner changes that need done in the add-ons for it .H and .CPP files I cant rember what they are I did fix it last year and had it working but that computer was win 8 and I managed to get the win 8 lock virus, anything that was not accessed through the hard drive I got off but the arduino stuff and m3 was so I cant get in to get it off so i cant be off any-more help sorry
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 01:29:57 AM »
Is that virus M$ sent out or ... I really dislike 8 and I understand it has a quite a bit improvement over previous years but I just dont like what they did with the GUI . I feel like Im using my phone when I log on 8 .
Im defiantly going to download Notepad++ thanks .
Im going through the tutorial now probably 65-70% through. I havent had problems on 7 but my G0704 is on an XP . I was getting to know modbus before I put it on my machine.
I have a Parallax P8X32A propeller quickstart board with a FT232RL chip. Think I could use that chip in modbus ? I would probably need custom code huh?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 02:00:01 AM »
it was the one you get an email send money to account what ever or you computer wont work ever again I replied f you plus a lot more words.

the changes you need to do are in the arduino forum some where it really simple what needs done it just a couple of words that need changed

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 02:41:00 AM »
you are lucky I found what I did just had a play.
you need to have the CRC16.Cpp, .H plus Modbus_Slave.CPP, .H also ModbusSlave.H, .CPP in the Arduino - hardware - arduino - cores - arduino folder.

in the arduino libraries folder you have ModBusSlave and Pin_Manipulator in one folder just call it ModBusSlave

just change all Wprogram.h to Arduino.h in all folders
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
you are lucky I found what I did just had a play.
you need to have the CRC16.Cpp, .H plus Modbus_Slave.CPP, .H also ModbusSlave.H, .CPP in the Arduino - hardware - arduino - cores - arduino folder.

in the arduino libraries folder you have ModBusSlave and Pin_Manipulator in one folder just call it ModBusSlave

just change all Wprogram.h to Arduino.h in all folders

Worked perfectly thanks for the tip.