Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:06:03 AM

Author Topic: Calling axis home/ref sequence from Gcode?  (Read 3375 times)

Calling axis home/ref sequence from Gcode?
« on: March 13, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
Hello all,

Hope this is an easy one. I still have some bugs to iron out on my lathe turret. It slowly loses position. Is there a way to home the turret from a part program? The idea being when running multiple parts, I'd like to uses the subroutine/macro calls to occasionally re-home the turret. Say every 4 parts or so in this instance. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kevin

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Calling axis home/ref sequence from Gcode?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
YEP fix the turret so it does not need it. If it is moving when it is NOT suppose to it will ruin parts between HOMES so what is the point of refhome it???

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »
It doesn't move when it's not supposed to. It just slowly loses postiton, such that after maybe 20 tool changes it doesn't quite lock into place. I'm currently using a home switch for only one turret position. I think the long term solution is a switch for each of the 8 positions. But that's neither here nor there. I need an intermediate solution so I can get a 500 piece run finished without pulling my hair out.

Soooo, how can I reference my A axis from a part program?  The G28.1 commands stated in the manual seem to have no effect.

Any other ideas?

Kevin

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
" It doesn't move when it's not supposed to. It just slowly loses postiton"  I call that moving when it is not suppose to(;-).

Did you turn ON and set up the A home switch in ports/pins ?

Does the A home led light up on the diagnostics page when you trip the switch?

IF you have Mach3 set up then "G28.1 A0"  will refhome the A axis.  You can choosee which direction it homes from in the config/homing section.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 04:07:59 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
G28.1 A0 attempts to move the A axis, but it fails to lift the turret up first. I assume there's some sort of Macro somewhere that's responsible for homing the turret. How do I call it up from a program?

Kevin

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »
ANy macro that drives the turret would NOT be a MACH3 issue as MACH3 does not have such a thing it is a user derived macro that was created for YOUR turret mechanism specifically. You OR the Manf would be the only one to know what that was.

You would need to create another Mcode that includes the mechanism features(code needed to release teh turret) AND the G28.1 A0 to rotate it back to REFHOME. THen Call it by Mcode in the your Gcode program when needed.

You MAY find that code in the M6start or possibly the M6end macros

(;-) TP