Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:24:09 AM

Author Topic: Cabin Fever  (Read 18861 times)

Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »
Hey Tom

Glad to hear from someone that has one of the older Shopbots. My unit is a little newer than yours in the fact that mine does have the rack & pinion drive.  But from your photos they look alike. What mechanical modifications have you made to your shopbot? I have started to draw the modifications that I am planning on doing to my machine. Here is the link to what I had in mind.

http://www.wa3umc.com/sb/Screen%20Shot%201.jpg
http://www.wa3umc.com/sb/Screen%20Shot%202.jpg
http://www.wa3umc.com/sb/Screen%20Shot%203.jpg

I am also in the process of redesigning the Z axis. My new design will use steel shafting with linear bearings instead of the screen door rollers.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sam Harbold
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 09:10:25 AM »
Tom,
Alan told me about you :)  I look forward to seeing you there!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:06:40 PM »
How many vendors show up for this show?  I am not really interested in the exhibitors since I do not do modeling.  But there is another show this weekend in Philly that I want to go see and I don't think I can make both.

Dan.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
There will be at least 20-30 vendors of used tools and macinery. Also many vendors of model related stuff- plans, kits, castings, etc. On friday there is a BIG auction, usually 600 or so lots. Machines, tooling, junk, models, stock, etc.

On CNC specific vednors Fred smith of IM service is alwyas there, as is Steve stallings of PMDX.

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 04:31:30 PM »
I will also Have some MPG's with me and a machine you can test them on :) I will be selling them for 75.00 each

Very cool toy!

BTW Ron I expect to see you for beer Firday night (At the hotel) and I am going to buy!  ;D

www.machsupport.com

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »
I clean up well :)

So does ower dog.............

On a show note, for anyone UK based there is a show on at the same time, this weekend 19,20 and 21st,  in London at the Alexandra Palace but over three days, Fri, Sat and Sunday.
Full trade show plus models and club stands.
Everything from a nut and bolt up to 14 x 40 lathes and Bridgeport clones. Very populat and if last year is anything to go by attendances should be around the 20,000 mark.

John S.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 08:11:44 AM »
John you crack me up  :o

In the US I will be showing a machine with Encoders on the steppers... When the machine is running I can hit the table and stop the axis, the machine will go into an Estop because it has exceeded the Max following error... Once that has happened I can grab each axis and move them by pushing on them to insure that I have missed a proper number of steps :) I press reset and all my DRO's change to show the true position and  I am back up and running!

This will be running at the show and I will Demo it for any one that would like to see it :) (Very cool to see!)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 10:45:13 AM »
Going, going  Gone!

Well time to start the drive to the show :) and I think I will be able to get to the forum from the hotel... But if not Sorry, and they are in good hands!

Benny you are on call now;)

www.machsupport.com

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »
Hi Brian,

how did the show go?

Have you any pictures or video for us poor minions that live thousands of miles away?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 11:17:55 PM »
I was going to take Pic's but there was NO TIME!!! Man it was a long few days! There were great people and great works there (What I saw on my way to the rest room). I hope to make it to the show next year ;)

www.machsupport.com