Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:18:07 AM

Author Topic: unlicensed wizard file after installation  (Read 17209 times)

unlicensed wizard file after installation
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »
ok so I received the WizLic.dat file and installed it into the C:\Mach3 folder.
It is in that folder not a subfolder, and that is my Mach3 installation folder, and it is really named WinLic.dat.  there is no hidden file extension on the end.
I completely exited and restarted Mach3.
I can invoke the Newfangled wizard (v2.79) and can create a circle cut operation and can verify toolpath to preview the Gcode (screenshot attached here).
But when I post the code and exit back to Mach3 I get the message "Unlicensed Wizard FIle" followed by the message "unknown word where unary operation could be".

How do I get the Newfangled wizard to accept the license file?  There is no indication that it found the .dat file, or that it failed to decrypt it, or that there was a version mismatch .....
Re: unlicensed wizard file after installation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:32 AM »
If it is a valid license file you have all the correct conditions. My only guess is that somehow the license file itself has been damaged. Send mail to sales@newfangled.com with enough info for Scott to identify your sale and he will replace the license.

The license has no version restrictions, expiration etc.

2.79 is an old version with known bugs, please upgrade to the latest version found in this forum. This will not effect your license issue.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »
Try renaming it to WizLic.dat and see what happens.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:05:41 PM »
solved:    my Mach3 was running in demo mode.  The Wizard needs both a wizard licence file and a Mach3 license file.

Thanks for all your help.....
/Dean
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 02:31:47 PM »
I am having the same problem and I am not in DEMO mode.  I also upgraded to Newfangle 2.86 with no problems once I took 286 off the folder name.  The file is called Wiz.Lic.  Any suggestions?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:43:49 PM »
The license file is WizLic.dat It must bein teh C:\Mach3 folder
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »
  :)  It works now.  The file was in the wrong place.  For others, my folder is not called C: Mach 3.  It is C: PCNC folder.  Minor difference.