Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:01:20 PM

Author Topic: Use with standard controllers  (Read 7292 times)

Use with standard controllers
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »
From what I have seen Mach 3 has some time saving features for newbies like me. I would like to use it as a G code writer/processor for a 'standard' controller. ie send out G-Code by USB or RS-232 or file and use the PC op-sys to transfer the code. - Jim Prince

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Use with standard controllers
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:27:24 AM »
If i understand you correctly, you want to be able to use MACH3 in demo mode / unlicensed for it's Wizards or LazyCam which come with Mach and then use some other "CNC software controller"  to run the machine . Is that correct?

RICH
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:29:24 AM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
I do not know what Demo mode is. but yes

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »
Why not just purchase mach and use it as the controller and avoid the restrictions of  unlicensed use?
RICH
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »
In the planning for a CNC mill conversion, G0704, I had to make a choice. 1) use a PC or 2) use a controller. For may reasons I chose to use a controller. Since I have already purchased said controller The other option is no longer a consideration. Many people have written useful routines in Mach3 ie edge probing with axis rotation, hole center probing etc. All I want of MACH 3 is to visualize the cutting if possible, output Gcode that I can load into my controller and translate VB scripts that I may write.  I do not use MACH3 and have no idea what demo mode, unlicensed  restrictions, or native abilities the the software possesses. This is a pre-purchase decision. With all due respect, do not waste my time with, stop what you are doing and do it my way, class of comments.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »
First off MACH3 does NOT generate Gcode It is a Controller it interputs the Gcode into MOVES. Second it does not externally translate VB it runs CB internally. 3rd it is ONLY a FAIR visualization for "MACH3" based Gcode. It has quirks in the toolpath display.

Is the controller you have compatible with MACH3 via a plugin??

Please note there is NO such thing as a standard controller(;-)

I think you are confused a bit about how the process works.

(;-) TP

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »
TP - First off MACH3 does NOT generate Gcode It is a Controller it interputs the Gcode into MOVES. Second it does not externally translate VB it runs CB internally. 3rd it is ONLY a FAIR visualization for "MACH3" based Gcode. It has quirks in the toolpath display.

This is why I posted in the Feature request forum. IMHO this could an opportunity for MACH3 to extend their market. With relatively little work.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
jprince,
This is a pre-purchase decision. With all due respect, do not waste my time with, stop what you are doing and do it my way, class of comments.

I have no intention of asking you to do something my / our / or any other way. I requested information on intent of use so that we could more appropriately address
any questions you may have and help in a polite, understanding, friendly, manner. That's just how the nice folks are in here.

All I want of MACH 3 is to visualize the cutting if possible, output Gcode that I can load into my controller and translate VB scripts that I may write.
There are manny wizards which provide gcode for common maching task and those that get more complex are somewhat handled by LazyCam or LazyTurn.
Mach can be used to visualize the pathing as it is run but not as well as some more elaborate programs dedicated to doing just that. I know nothing of your controller and as such
what it's specific dialect of gcode it will run satisfactorly.

If you plan on purchasing Mach, the community is more than happy to help you whenever we can. I you just plan on running mach in a unlicensed / free / demo mode and reap some benefits,
than by all means feel free to try it out for as long as you wish to see what that will provide.

Take care,

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:11:25 AM »
diablopop,
Sent you a personal message.
RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
Sorry bud but that is not going to happen. You made a choice of controllers,sorry about your luck.

You spend NO money with the company BUT you want the Company to support YOUR choice.

Like I said Not going to happen, (;-) TP