Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:29:59 PM

Author Topic: G540 output problem and reset fo estop  (Read 9467 times)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: G540 output problem and reset fo estop
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 04:09:32 PM »
The right way then is to press the estop and turn my steppers by hand if i get stuck at the limit switch

There is no need to do this. Mach is smart enough to let you jog off a limit switch.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 05:19:01 PM »
Btw I was just trying to get clarification of what the Reset button action would really do.  Home shop safety is a personal issue, though I do think you should do what you can. I got rid of my handwheels and or never used them once I configured my home and limit switches.. Press the "Auto Limits Override" and dont look back.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 12:21:04 AM »
Ohh. How could i miss that override button!? :D

Yes the reset button is only for stopping mach and not the mill. (it will stop hen it doesn't get signal from mach anyway).
I agree that safety should be thought about and everyone chould do what they can to make the mill safe.
But i think the g540 estop is enough for my small mill.

Thanks for the replys - I learned something new again :)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »
Man, you dont know how long it took me to figure that button out! Of course a better vocabulary couldnt have been used. Once I understood what it did, the proverbial light went off in my head. What an idiot I was. As I learn more about Mach, machining, CNC and electronics inevitably all of those meaningless words on various Mach settings and configurations start to make sense (key phrase was, start to). These people (real machinists and cnc software gurus) are in deep. I have to read some chapters (all very well sequentially organized and written) many times I have to read a chapter 10 times to get 10% of it. No wonder my teachers (I am 50 now) were frustrated, denial is not a river in Egypt. Glad we both learned something today. Now if I could figure out tool offsets on my lathes turret.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)