Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:47:50 AM

Author Topic: How do I move my tool change location in Turn?  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
How do I move my tool change location in Turn?
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »
I had it all working. I wanted to change some limits to enable soft limits and the like. I originally designated where I wanted the tool change to occur but I cant find that screen now for anything! I have opened every page in Mach or so I thought. It must be late. Let me know, thanks
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How do I move my tool change location in Turn?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:29:42 AM »
On a lathe it is normal to have tool changes at a different position for each part you are turning, this is because one time you may be turning a small part and the next a large part and there is no point in moving to a fixed position as all you need to do is move far enough away to clear the work to change tools.
Tool change location is normally called from code but you could have it in your M6 macro if you wished to have a fixed position.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: How do I move my tool change location in Turn?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:02 AM »
Thanks as always Hood. I woke up this morning remembering that it was in the macro. I was thinking it was a dialog box like in mill. I must have opened every page in Mach last night over 50 times before posting. I remembered what it was about 4am but knew if I went into the garage to fix it, my wife would go nuts. Thanks again.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)