Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:32:46 AM

Author Topic: Newbi question  (Read 2085 times)

Newbi question
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Hi. I am brand new and getting confused. My brother-in-law who has some machine shop cnc experience (but not with Mach3) is going to help me this wkend, so I could use some help to make sure he is able to help. Here is what I have. I draw the object in Moi, then transfer it to cut3D and then on to Mach3.
When he gets here, he wants me to make sure I have the instructions on how to manually change the settings in Mach3 to make adjustments to the cut path. Any help to a newbi would be appreciated. I will be using this for cutting wood objects.

Tony G

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Newbi question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
he wants me to make sure I have the instructions on how to manually change the settings in Mach3 to make adjustments to the cut path

Cut3d should produce usable g code for implementation by Mach if the correct post processor is used.
You should not need to do anything other than set the tool at some location and run the program.

SO

I am guessing what you are meaning is that he wants to know how to setup / configure  your machine.
Frankly, that should be in place before he even gets there and you should have done some reading ( like the manual).
All of this is not just plug and play!  ;)

Get your machine working properly, then understand the software that you will be using so the generated code is correct, then do some learning on how Mach works.
By all means do some trial cutting to gain experience. 

RICH