Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:46 AM

Author Topic: jog pendant & keyboard not moving machine, problems.  (Read 5654 times)

jog pendant & keyboard not moving machine, problems.
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
Hi, total newbie here, and totaly lost.

bought a jog pendant, usb. unknown brand (Chinese made. just says Mach3 controller on it)

when I use the mach3 on screen jog buttons the head of my V90 Fireball, moves in all the right directions, and the DRO's change as they should.

BUT my keyboard arrows wont move anything, wether I have the Mach 3 jog panel up or not.

strangely, when I plug in the jog pendant controller, I unusual behaviour. the DRO's numbers change, but the V90 head does not move..  most puzzled.???

also the jog pendants keys dont work in the right order. Jog pendant keys; +y changes the X dro in the neg direction, jog pendant -y moves the Z dro in plus. jog pendant +x moves the Y dro in positive numbers, but the pendant -X does not make any DRO changes. the +Z jog pendant button moves the Y dro in positive numbers, but the jog pendant -Z does nothing.

I cant find where in the Mach 3 manual to accept the jog pendant to work correctly. Does it Need a driver.??? or is there a menu setting that I should have checked...???

also why no movement in any axis by the keyboard arrows..??

any help would be appreciated. regards, Sandy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: jog pendant & keyboard not moving machine, problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
If your pendant is USB then you will need a plugin I would imagine. If its via the serial port then you will likely have to set the ports and pins up for it, not too easy without any info. If it connects via a PS2 keyboard plug then its likely it is a keyboard emulator and you may have to use something like keygrabber to set it up.

If you attach your xml I will have a look to see why you are not able to jog via keyboard.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
Hi, pardon my ignorance of things PC, I have been a mac user since 1985... but what is the xml and where do I find it. (i only bought a dell Pc to run the V90 Fireball.) all other PC programs i run om my iMac usinr a windows emulator..

Regards

Sandy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:57:28 AM »
Open Mach and look lower right at profile for the name of the profile you are using. Next go to the Mach3 folder on your drive, usually C:\Mach3, and find a file with the name of the profile and a xml extension. Copy that to your desktop and rename to nurgle.xml and then use the additional options on the reply page to browse to your desktop and attach the renamed file.
Hood