Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:27 PM

Author Topic: V CARVE TOOL PATH  (Read 8303 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: V CARVE TOOL PATH
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
If you could try air cutting at the reduced vel and accel to see what happens.
Even at 80% reduction. There is a reason for my asking. 

RICH
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:20 AM »
looks like that did the trick i lowered velocity from 75 to 40 and accel from 4 to 1 kernal speed at 25000 and it looks good ran 5 times and was good everytime but now i am getting random miscuts only some parts starts out good then will cut thru some letters and then go back to cutting normal on same part.frustrating

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
Sounds like your stilll skipping.
I would have thought that after skipping and have cut through the letter that the position would be lost and the piece trashed.
RICH
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
working at lot better now since i adjusted volocity from 75 to 40 and excel from 4 to 1 kernal set to 25000 i ran part 5 times or more with no problem but now it will randomly cut through some letters and then will recover itself and finish engraving
fine.getting frustrated
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
sorry posted same thing twice
it always corrects and goes back to the correct position every time that is why i am confused

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
it always corrects and goes back to the correct position every time

The axis will go to where it is instructed to go by the Gcode. CV can create rounding. If the stepper  skips the axis will loose position
and it doesn't recover. If during a roughing stage, and more cutting to go, then may seem like it recovered ...but it didn't...just had
enough to work with to finish the piece.

RICH
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »
when it goes off on cut it will zig zag all over aprox .500 inch area then after it picks up and moves it appears to be cutting right on also i have dual shaft steppers with knobs on them
and they have white line and when i home out they come back to same place on white line every time after i run part  if they lost steps shouldn't that  white line be off

midden

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:22 AM »
Can you post a pic of of the spoiled work?

Mach will handle the small arcs and moves of the file. You didn't mention what  you changed the tuning to. Since it works at 5x the scale,
lower your max velocity to something like 1/5 of the max and drop the velocity down accordingly. So the max velocity would be in the range of
6-10 IPM and accel is 1 or 2 and see what the tuning ramp looks like and if it won't skip ....and also drop you velocities in the program.

Since you making very small moves, your asking the stepper motors to accelerate almost instantaneously, and i donlt think your motors are capable of doing it.
So you can try lowering the vel and accel to allow enough time for the motors to react to what they need to do or you can provide motors with enough torque
at the desired velocity to accomplish the task. The lowered velocity on big files will increase the machining time.

RICH
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »
here is what the cut looked like

midden

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »
midden,
My suggestions in reply 17 still apply.
Your choice to try them or not. No other thoughts on the matter.
RICH