Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:27:20 AM

Author Topic: Single button for Jog Mode  (Read 3103 times)

Single button for Jog Mode
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
Hi, I bought a couple of pokey 56u to use on my cnc, how can I use a single button to select the various types of jog mode, in practice I would make sure that the touch of a button you can change the different modes of operation. All this is to not use a rotary switch but one.
I hope I was clear in explaining

Thanks ;D

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Single button for Jog Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
Hi!

Mach must somehow know what you pressed and something must remember these.
I think some brains could help you.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
Thanks so much for the answer, I never used the brain in my life.

Do not take me around for this. I do not know where to start, now I'll try some on wiki. I am a bad software engineer!

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

If anyone have any info about it would make me very comfortable.
Even percheè once resolved could do the same for the choice of the "cycle jog step."

The Wiki hot key is indicated this

1024.set (Mill)    Toggle Jog Mode Through Cont/Step/Step Velocity/Velocity Only    Ctrl J    32842    0x804a    50

but pressing Ctrl and J nothing to do!

Gionata

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »
You can do it by modifying the 1024.set using the Mach3screen software. When you open up the software, load the 1024.set from the mach3 folder. Go to screen 50 on the top of the program and double click the jog mode button. There you can set a hot key for that function. For example crtl j or any other hot key that mach3 is not using. Once your done, save the file and then reload mach3 with the new screen set. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Raul