Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:36:50 AM

Author Topic: Re: Mach3 setting and configuration (newbie question level )  (Read 3610 times)

Re: Mach3 setting and configuration (newbie question level )
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
Does anybody know how to configur the "e-stops" on my plas-table? Mach doesn't seem to be recognizing them. Why?

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »
Is your E stop connected to the pin# and port# you have assigned in "ports and pins"? Is it enabled? Does it show on the diagnostics page? Is the switch itself working correctly? Is active high checked or not?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Re: Mach3 setting and configuration (newbie question level )
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »
there you go chadgarber a topic of your own - please don't hijack other's threads especially ones that are old and have nothing to do with the question you're asking. Also FAQ's is for .... well Frequently Asked Questions...

Ta

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »
Sorry Stirling on my reply. I did notice the post date after I replied.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:56:36 AM »
Thanks for your help "fastest1"!!!! I appreciate it. On the diagnostics page, when I press my estop buttons the green lights indicate that they are definately working, but when I run into them with my gantry it doesn't stop anything. Also there an estop switch located on my plasma torch head assembly, which is used for telling my head to stop when it reaches the material. That also doesn't work for some reason if thou the diagnostics says it does, therefore I havta babysit my table and hit the "page-up" button on my keyboard each and everytime the head comes down. Any sugghestions??? Thanks for your time. My company and I appreciate it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
Can you attach your xml and I will have a look at your config.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
Thanks for your help "fastest1"!!!!

LOL - don't be too hard on me chadgarber if that's what the "!!!" are for... if I hadn't moved your post here you'd probably be getting nowhere down in the FAQs doldrum.

On the diagnostics page, when I press my estop buttons the green lights indicate that they are definately working, but when I run into them with my gantry it doesn't stop anything.
Are you sure you're talking about the correct LED (green light) as there should be only ONE and you're refferring to THEM as in plural - also your gantry runs into LIMITS and/or HOMES not e-stops - it sounds as if maybe you're confusing E-Stop with limits maybe?

Also there an estop switch located on my plasma torch head assembly, which is used for telling my head to stop when it reaches the material.
Again you appear to be confused - this switch is not an e-stop. This should either be configured as a home switch (for G28.1 height sensing) or as a probe input (for G31 height sensing).

As Hood says, post your XML and we'll take a look.