Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Visualizer image is zoomed waaaayy out  (Read 3144 times)

Visualizer image is zoomed waaaayy out
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
Hey guys
    This problem concerns the tool path visualizer in Mach Turn. for reasons I can't seem to figure out. When ever I use Dolphin CAM to generate a G-code, the visualizer image for the tool path is always zoomed way out leaving the tool path just as a tiny spec on the screen. If I zoom in on the screen as far as it will allow me, I can just make out the tool path. unfortunately this is not very useful for inspecting a program for correct tool paths as I cant properly zoom in on areas.
I do not have this problem if I write the program myself so I am not sure what it is in the Dolphin CAM code that is causing this.

Anyone care to take a look at an example.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Visualizer image is zoomed waaaayy out
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
Can you attach your xml as well, I can zoom right in no probs with mine.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »
Here is my turn XML. let me know what you find. If I delete all of the preparatory commands at the beginning of the part program, it seems to improve things a good bit so I suspect it has something to do with one of them, but I am not certain which one or how it is interacting with the controller.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
Seems fine again, could be something to do with your tool table possibly as with your xml it is loading zoomed right in where with mine it was distant but I could zoom in.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:27 PM »
Thanks for taking a look anyway, I figured it might have something to do with a soft limit or tool offset that made the controller think the working envelope is much bigger than it actually is to create a display that is zoomed way out to encompass it all. Will just keep fooling with it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
Easy way to see is rename the tools3.dat that is in the macro folder of your lathe macro folder, restart Mach and load and see if its ok. If it is then you know its the tool offset. Turn is way behind mill I am afraid, works well enough for the most part but there are a lot of annoying things in it, maybe one day they will get fixed up, just dont hold your breath.
Hood