Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:51:20 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 with tb6560 4 axis (little blue) board controller  (Read 10794 times)

Mach 3 with tb6560 4 axis (little blue) board controller
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »
Hi
I have just got my tb6560 4 axis controller working with Mach 3 despite the instructions.
With it I bought a little blue hand controller that plugs in and is meant to act as a pendant, this does not work.
Two questions really the first, are there any settings in Mach 3 to turn it on?
Also it has a miniature USB connector on it, does this need to be powered (there is 5 volts on the board).
I can find no information anywhere about this controller not even a pin out.

Regards

Clive

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 with tb6560 4 axis (little blue) board controller
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »
Hi Clive,

Could you post a link to the hand controller (or picture) so it can be identified.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:36:11 AM »
No instructions, wiring diagram, etc. A picture from Ebay is rather useless.
Contact the seller and ask for some references.
RICH
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:38:51 AM by RICH »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 05:54:31 AM »
If I recall these pendants are for manual use only so you can use with the pendant or you can use with Mach but not both. I may be wrong but it sticks in my mind that it is the case.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 06:23:12 AM »
Hi Clive,

I think Hood is correct - this type of pendant only provides the step and direction signals directly to the board.

I will do a bit of research to see if I can find any info relating to the USB connection as it may still be possible for it to be used with Mach via USB.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:01:13 AM »
Rich
I started by asking for the details from the seller, but like a lot of the people they are just box shifters and they dont have any information or cant be bothered to get it.
I have trawled around the other sellers and they dont appear to have any information either.

As this is going to have a 4th axis are there any keyboard commands for the A axis, I know X Y and Z.

Regards

Clive

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 06:15:31 AM »
Clive,
You assign keyboard keys for the 4th axis just like the other axis in System Hotkeys.

RICH
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:40:19 AM »
Thanks Rich

I must admit I have not played with Mach for a couple of years and the memory fades.

Clive
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »
Hi
I have just got my tb6560 4 axis controller working with Mach 3 despite the instructions.
With it I bought a little blue hand controller that plugs in and is meant to act as a pendant, this does not work.
Two questions really the first, are there any settings in Mach 3 to turn it on?
Also it has a miniature USB connector on it, does this need to be powered (there is 5 volts on the board).
I can find no information anywhere about this controller not even a pin out.

Regards

Clive

This will connect to a COM port and should get logic threw one of the pins, you will need to set this up in Mach3 and it is under the "Ports and Pins" section.
If the software dosen't know what to do with the newly connected harware, it will do nothing with it. Just like the DB25 cable connecting to the Blue TB6560 board each pin does something, unlike a USB interface where packets are being sent to a Micro that is already programed and ready to read hardware being added. In the case of Mach3 your computer is acting as the Micro and it sends pulses threw designated pins using software, the DB25 and COM style is much easier to work with if your a developer or engineer, however the USB interfaces today are easier for the user beacuse they attache to another computer "Atmel IC and crystal" that is pre-programmed, unlike the DB25 and COM boards you find on E-Bay.
Here is a video of the Blue Tb6560 http://whatisacnc.com/driver-board/tb6560/ and the Red tb6560 http://whatisacnc.com/index.php?cID=243
These are not configured to work with the hand control but the Datasheet for the Blue tb6560 explains how to configure Mach3 to work with it.

Hope this helps,

Rob

http://www.whatisacnc.com