Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:48:20 AM

Author Topic: help with home postion please  (Read 2345 times)

help with home postion please
« on: January 29, 2012, 12:56:49 AM »
hello all. I am new to mach and am looking for some help.  I currently use vcarve with mach. I  wish to cut on the opposite end of the table then return to the home position after the program ends. I am aware that g28 will work but is there a way to do this automatically. I currently us an offset of x= - 48  to cut on the the corner of the table i wish to use, should this be done in vcarve instead of mach? any info would be appreciated.
thank you shad

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help with home postion please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »
Not really sure what you are asking but your code would have to include the final move to wherever you wanted it to be, whether that be what you are calling home or any other position. It could be done by G28 or could even be done with a macro to move to a position you wanted or could simply be a G0 move but the one constant is your code needs to have it included if you want it to be automatic.

Personally I would have a Home Off value set in Homing and limits page so that Machine coords zero position is the lower left of your table, maybe you are already doing that but sounds like you may not. Will it matter? probably not if you are used to it the way it is now, just it would make things conform to standard if you did.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: help with home postion please
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »
I do the exact same thing you want to do with my router.
In Mach3, try using a Home offset of 48 in Config > Homing/Limits, which will make X zero at the far left when homing. You may need to play with the number a little to get it where you want it.

Then, in V-Carve Pro, change X home position in Material Setup to 48 instead of 0. Or maybe 47.5, or a little bit less than the Home Offset you used in the above step.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html