Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:44:54 PM

Author Topic: Does Verify work?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Does Verify work?
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:02 AM »
Hi
I've got the usb smoothstepper working with mach R3.043.057 and V17efb plugin. Homing works fine but when I click on the verify button the Axis don't move. The weird thing is if I manually jog one of the axis away from the switch as soon as I release the jog button the axis rapids back to the start position and "Position Verified Successfully" Appears in the status window.

I saw this on the download page of warp9 "The Verify function was implemented, though it does not operate the same as the Parallel Port driver. To operate the same will require a change in Mach"

So does that mean I need to change a setting in Mach or Brian needs to make a change in Mach.

Thanks
Derek

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Does Verify work?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Some of the macros built into Mach do things in a way where certain vital information is not made available to plug-ins. This means that the SmoothStepper or any other external motion controller cannot perform that function directly. As I recall with Verify the problem is calling the 'Verify all' function does not work. If you verify one axis at a time it will work. I think you can change the macro for the verify button to call each axis separately. I tried it many months ago to help a customer out but don't remember the process off the top of my head.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Does Verify work?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Thanks Jeff