Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:02:42 PM

Author Topic: Keling Breakout board  (Read 5739 times)

Keling Breakout board
« on: January 22, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
Has anyone had any experience using the C10 breakout board from Keling Tech?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Keling Breakout board
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:16 AM »
A lot of people are using the C10 - What is the problem you are having ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
I'm trying to use a digitizing probe, and it won't respond using pin 15. Pins 11,12, and 13 were hooked up to limit switches, so 15 was the only one left. The probe would only work when I used it on pin 11, but then I couldn't get the limit switches to work on the remaining pins. For that matter, pin 15 doesn't work at all when 11,12, and 13 are being used.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
If you are using the rev10 board then you have to have the input pins configured to 'pull-up' if your probe completes the circuit to GND. Check out the PDF Manuals here http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=45

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
Actually, the probe is N/C. Touching the probe breaks the circuit. That's somethng else that's always been a puzzle to me. According to the board instructions, the input pins require 5v to create an input. Another board that I have connects the input pins to ground. The probe instructions say to connect the probe between an input pin and ground.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
This isn't the probe from Keling, by the way. Theirs does look a lot nicer than the one I bought.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 01:48:07 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure the make of probe makes any difference here it is whether it completes the circuit to GND. If it does then your input needs a 'pull up' resistor.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:37:28 AM »
Does that mean adding a resistor externally? The probe did work, by the way, when it was connected to pin 11, and none of the remaining input pins were being used (all the limits de-activated).

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
You are not the only one who has had this problem where a conflict of logic screws up the digitising probe operation. Basically.........

You limit switches need to be N.C. (normally closed contacts).
Connect all your limit switches in series and connect to Pin 11 and GND on you BoB
Your EStop needs to be N.C.
Connect your EStop to Pin 10 and GND on your BoB

Your probe is already N.C and connected to GND through your spindle or additional GND wire - the probe wire should be connected to pin 13 on your BoB

Set your BoB to 'Pull-Up' all for inputs 10 - 13 (jumper X5 set 2-3)
If you are using the v8 BoB then external 'Pull-Up' resistors will be required for each input you are using (2K2ohm connected between each input and +5Volts)

Configure Mach for 'Active High' (not active low) on the inputs you are using (10 & 11) and also on the 'Probe' input. Configure limits accordingly.

All this information is in the pdf manuals in the link I gave but I have to agree it is not easy to understand and it really has not been explained well.
In addition I may not have explained it well here either - so what has to happen is that if any limit switch is triggered the input to pin 11 goes high : if the EStop is activated the input to pin 10 goes high : if the probe is triggered the input to pin 13 goes high. Once all inputs are wired to the same state Logic it will work.

I hope this explains it (I have tried).

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 01:32:04 PM »
I'd say you've helped more than I could have expected. My board is evidently the older version, because there is no jumper for pin 13. Thanks a bunch.