Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:25:38 AM

Author Topic: Help going backwards  (Read 4124 times)

Help going backwards
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
I was trying to set my soft limits, and I must have done something. Everything is backwards now. When I import g code, it tries to move forward insted of towards the back. Like it thinks my work sufrace changed. Not sure what I did. I turn off soft limits, and it still does it. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help going backwards
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
Sounds like you have reversed the axis by choosing that option on Homing and Limits page.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
isn't the y supposed to be reversed? I followed the tutorial, and this is what happened.

So I set my machine where i want home. I set everything to zero. then I jog it to where i want the soft limits. I enter them in the page, and this is what I got.

So when I zoom out in the display, it looks like my home is in the mach left corner of my workspace. But in reality its up front.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:57:25 PM by Montezuma213 »
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
its something with my limits. I set them to default, and still get the same result
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »

Even set like this, The display shows me moving forward, when the z is actually moving backwards..

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 03:11:26 AM »
Z axis moves up and down so I presume that is what you are meaning? As said previously change the reversed option for that axis. The reverse option simply reverses the axis direction it does nothing else. The other two options are in Ports and Pins, Motor outputs you can change the Dir active state for that axis, it will also reverse the axis and lastl;y you can rewire your motors so that they turn the opposite way, obviously changing the Reversed or Active state are the easiest ways.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:32 AM »
The z is fine. Its the y or say north/south direction.  Best way to explain it, is this. IN mach you have your display screen. It shows you your table, or what it thinks your table dimensions are. So you have your z set in the front right corner, as if it was home.  It should show your work in the left corner on the display. But for me, it shows the z in the back left. When I jog the z back by hitting my keys,  the cross hairs on the display show it moves forward on the display screen. But it cant gi anywhere because I am at my limit on the front of the table.

So it thinks my workspace is in front of the Z, and not in back of the Z. hope this helps

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
It was you that said Z in your previous post and that was why I queried it. Regardless of that, have you tried changing the reversed setting to a red cross for the Y axis as I said to try?
Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
You are ecorrect. Sorry about that. I tried to edit, so if anyone reads it later.

I tried changing it, and its working now. Thanks Hood.