Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:01:42 AM

Author Topic: Development version of Mach .056 Z axis crashing  (Read 3585 times)

Development version of Mach .056 Z axis crashing
« on: January 19, 2012, 04:18:19 PM »
Still learning to navigate this forum properly, and I think  I had posted the message below in the wrong section so oops sorry :-\ so I'll post it here in the general Mach discussion....

Hi all, I'm a newbie to Mach finished my first CNC conversion of a Mill late last year, all up and running and now only learning Mach.

I had previous SS issue and I upgraded my Mach lockdown version to the development version .056, but my Z axis doesn't recognise the limit switch now any more and keeps crashing it doesn't even recognise the soft min limits so doesn't slow down before reaching home…just crashes into the limit SW!!

How do I roll back to the lockdown version with out loosing all my settings..ports & pins etc… I did try to just reinstall the lockdown version but even though in the Mach help Tab it does state the lockdown version number but all the development version setting seem to be still there.... ie the smaller screen size and I'm still getting the Z crashes. do I need to uninstall Mach completely and then just install the lockdown version..

if so I can't remember where I saw or read how to save your own profile setting's....!

Eoin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Development version of Mach .056 Z axis crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »
All it should take is to download the lockdown then install it and it should overwrite the version you have presently installed. If its not then are you sure you are installing to the same location?
To save your config settings you want to open Mach and lower right you will see then name of the profile you are using. Go to the Mach3 folder and look for a file with that name and a xml extension. That file holds most of your config settings. Other things such as tooltable and offsets are stored in the macro folder for the profile you are using, tooltable is called tool3.dat and offsets is called fixtures.dat. Might also be worth keeping a backup of the plugin folder and brains folder if you have any brains. Also your licence file is a wise thing to back up as well, assuming you are not using the demo of course.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
Cheers hood, never thought about the brains as I have the CNC4PC MPG2, and the license file I still have my original email from mach with that saved on my house PC.

Eoin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »
Also if you have a custom screenset you want toback that up with any bitmaps it uses.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
Ahhhhh back to normal again thanks Hood, running my lockdown version again and no issues.
I actually uninstalled Mach completely and then reinstalled my lockdown file form the home PC.

Eoin

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:39:41 PM by Mad Welder »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
Good you are set again :)
Hood