Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:45:54 AM

Author Topic: Controller help requested  (Read 1708 times)

Controller help requested
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
Happy New Year 2012

How to convert Estop button to reverse?  I would like to add limit switches (hardware).  Maybe I have to buy CNC Controller card?
Regards.

The above message was sent to me as a private message, but I'm probably not the best person to answer it, so I've re-posted it here.

Muqtadir, I'm assuming you have a CNC3040 or 3020 machine and controller?  I would not advise changing the function of the emergency stop buttom - it serves a very important purpose, allowing a quick stop when something unexpected occurs.  I've used it many times for just that purpose, and would never consider not having a E-stop button!

What is it you want to reverse (which axis, and why)?  Limit switches can be added as per the diagrams in the Mach3 manual.  If you're not using the Probe function on the controller's interface board, you could wire the limit switches to that input, though you couldn't determine which one had actuated when all connected to a single input.

For more inputs you would need to modify the interface board, but I can't give you any details - I don't have a schematic for it.

Regards,
Daniel (Australia)