SATISIFIED FOR THE PRICE
2 (4.5%)
HAVING MINOR PROBLEMS
2 (4.5%)
CANT RUN MY MACHINE
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: January 30, 2012, 10:18:57 PM

Author Topic: I WANT TO KNOW SATISIFIED USERS  (Read 3710 times)

I WANT TO KNOW SATISIFIED USERS
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »
IM TRYING TO GET A FEEL FOR MACH MOTION USERS , I HAVE JUMPED SHIP FROM CAMSOFT !!!
wont anyone vote or comment
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
letts vote  kids ,
Re: I WANT TO KNOW SATISIFIED USERS
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 01:58:19 PM »
Hello vail101:

I would suggest you read the forum topic "Getting Disillusioned with Mach3", posted by Tweakie. It is an excellent overview of the current state of Mach3.

You will understand the current state of Mach3, and why a total rewrite, Mach4, is now in process.

The post replies are those of the most knowledgable and technically savvy users of Mach3, plus commentary by Brian, the current developer of Mach.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 02:49:36 PM »
Mach3 works just fine for the overwhelming majority of its users.  There are some of us who are, arguably, going a bit outside the normal bounds, and running into trouble.  You can try it for free, so your best bet by far is to just download, it, try it out.  If it works for you, great.  If not, you've lost nothing but a small amount of time.  I think you'll find it works just fine.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »
for me a hobbist, its fine. the quirks make me learn more...
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 09:20:46 PM »
I WANT TO THANK ALL WHO HAVE VOTED AND RESPONDED TO THIS POST.YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A DEGREE OF CONFIDANCE TO PROCEED WITH MY INSTALL.
THANKYOU JOHN

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »
I did a retrofit and tried Mach because it was free.

If  the retrofit never got  finished, that is just one more item money wasn't wasted on.

The mill now works  great.    Autocad & Mastercam are used for the drawings & toolpaths, but Mach was pretty straightforward. 

Last week, the Mach License was purchased. It was the least I could do for a great product and all of the help here. It was a try before you buy, and that doesn't happen very often nowadays.

My own concern was finishing the mill & the electrical part.  The Mach 3  soft ware being  a  failure, never crossed my mind.

There are too many happy users out  there.

If I was to start doing some non-basic stuff, it might cause me to want for more.

After I have used Mach for a year, I'll start a thread on my 1st year experience with it. ;)

Jackal ;D
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.