Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:46:50 AM

Author Topic: not backing off home switch  (Read 5782 times)

Offline cr2

•  9 9
    • View Profile
Re: not backing off home switch
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 02:01:39 PM »
ftomazz: yes to all that.

Hood: I found 'verify'...thanks. I've never known where to set up the limits. I have the home switches configured in Ports & Pins/Input Signals/X Home etc. I can't find anything there about limits. Is it the X++ and X--?
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 02:21:31 PM »
So, when you home, the switch will be keep like it was triggered, is it? This is, the axis hit the switch and it will remain hit.
(if you had limits switches it will go to emergency stop in this situation, that is why I asked before if the machine would go to emergency stop).

If it is like I described then the issue is equal to what I had. This is, the error is on the breakup board. The IC is easy to find.
Never understood why it was damage, and it happened to me twice (without doing changed on the machine, just working with it)

Filipe

Offline cr2

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
ftomazz: so did you buy another board?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:26:33 PM by cr2 »
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
No, just replace the IC. Like I said before it is a 74H something (follow the lines on the board that goes up to the connector where you wire the switch and you will find the IC). It is less than 2USD. It is easy to obtain.

Filipe

Offline cr2

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
Yes, after it homes the switch remains triggered in Mach.

Now I have enabled the jog limits in “Ports & Pins.” When I home, sometimes the X and Y back off the switches, and sometimes not. Sometimes they will back off 2 or 3 seconds after hitting the switch. If I go back to Ports & Pins and disable the jog limits, the router no longer backs off the X & Y switches at all. Is this also an indication of a bad chip on the board?

Offline cr2

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
ftomazz: I have now replaced all four of the 74H chips on the C10 board and there is no difference in the way the machine homes.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:30 AM »
In my case it worked out.
I cannot suggest anything else, else than contact Artur from CNC4PC asking for replace chips.