Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:31:20 PM

Author Topic: Sometimes Mach just 'goes away'?  (Read 9456 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes Mach just 'goes away'?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
Oh Ok well if thats the version you are using then its not the issue I am thinking as it is not in that revision. I will still test 022 out on the wee pico mobo and see but my thoughts are it will be fine. With the test version I could kill Mach easily just by starting the NFS wizards, it didnt happen 100% of the time but must have been high 90%.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
Ok I have done some tests and 043.022 seems fine for me, the development is not, it disappears completely.
I know the test version and the development have the same thing in them that was causing me issues but 043.022 doesnt so I will let Brian know and it may help you if he can get it fixed.
There are a few differences though, when Mach disappears for me I do see a message, its too quick to read but I see the box for a fraction of a second. Also Mach completely closes, it is not left in apps or proc in task manager so that again is different.

Not sure when Brian will be back, should be today but may not be online until tomorrow.

Hood
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 08:54:44 AM »
Hi Ray

You can always re-boot the USB or Ethernet SmoothStepper by unplugging the power cable....
Well, yes, but the installation does not have a power switch on the ESS! Very few rigs would I think. So I have to cycle the CNC power, with the possible loss of registration.

Unplug the power cable FROM the ESS, or the USB cable from the USS.  Both have connectors, so are easy to disconnect.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
Hi Ray

Unplug the power cable FROM the ESS, or the USB cable from the USS.  Both have connectors, so are easy to disconnect.

Ha! You haven't seen the compact compressed rat's nest the builder made of the electronics on my rig. I am not sure there is a power connector for the ESS: I think it gets power through one of the headers. I didn't build this!

I have to pull the whole electronics crate out of the cupboard and remove a complex cover first. Getting access to the ESS takes about 15-20 minutes. I didn't build this!

Cheers