Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:21:47 PM

Author Topic: anyone have code for a mini cooper logo?  (Read 20928 times)

anyone have code for a mini cooper logo?
« on: January 13, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »
  I have a cnc mill that I did a mach conversion on. I dont have a clue of how to program anything..sad but tru. Has anyone done a mini logo ? I made a couple pieces and would love to mill the logo into them. Thanks   Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: anyone have code for a mini cooper logo?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
Quick and Dirty

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »
Dawned on me that you may need the Mini dxf in case you want to adjust the parameters and program to your specifications.

The dxf was drawn using AutoCadLT version 2008.  Copied a picture of the logo into AutoCad and used the connect the dots process to produce the file.  The result would not fool a "Mini," expert, but should be good enough for one-off hobby work.

Bob@BobsShop

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
Here is a dxf based on backplotting the gcode.
RICH
How did you do that?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
Rich, not familiar with backplotting.  How do you do that.

Bob@BobsShop

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 06:37:14 AM »
Bob,
The gcode for a lathe or mill is manipulated back into a form of a dxf file. If you look at version 12 dxf file with notepad
you will see data for every vector  / direction and length .  Backplotting is the reverse. A friend wrote a program that works fantastic so i keep testing it. What you get in the backplotted dxf is all the pathing and the pathing are placed on diffferent layers and color coded. Very easy to compare the original dxf to the gcode generated. Unforetunately
he will not share it with the community. NCPLOT is a program that will backplot but it's like $400.

RICH
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:16 AM »
Thanks. Will give it a shot!   Just got my mill's computer back.Was stuck on power save mode.  Grrrr.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 11:49:20 AM »
Hey, It worked..Not that I didnt think your code would work but just the fact that I was able to copy it and transfere it to my mill and get it to work! yep I know its easy for you guys but I cant do anything with cad.. Sucks.I am struggling trying to learn it.Self teach. No cnc experience. Never touched one till I got this mill. Just want to play. lol..

Here it is. I used a center drill to do it.Dont have anything real small so this was the chosen one.lol..I ran black magic marker over it to highlight it . It looked better before.

A big thanks!  It is nice to see the mill do something. All I do is mess with the wizards in mach..

Jim

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 12:45:09 PM »
Nice work Jim - I am pleased it is all coming together  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE