Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:31:39 PM

Author Topic: Video Montoring With Sound  (Read 2092 times)

Video Montoring With Sound
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
Hi.  I started by researching here and I don't think anyone has asked about this before.  I've seen the threads where people are monitoring with a camera attached somewhere to their equipment.  I've seen where people are using cameras both for positioning and for imaging the stock or copying something.  I've got a CNC machine that's in the manufacturing space but I'd like to monitor it via remote control software over the ethernet.  I've already added a remote control program (VNC), it allows me to see the Mach3 screen and that's working fine... but I'd like to take this one step further...

I'm envisioning putting something like a webchat camera with a microphone on the equipment and monitoring it remotely.  I'm not sure if I should be looking for spy cameras, say, with wi-fi or a direct ethernet connection... or if I'm looking for something that would run on the same computer as Mach3 and behave, essentially, like a webcam client like Skype.
Scenario 1:  I'd turn on the remote spy camera so that it's sending the video/audio out, set up the work, go back to my desk somewhere else and monitor the Mach3 screen via VNC and monitor the video/audio of the milling equipment via the remote spy software.
Scenario 2:  I'd hook up a wi-fi camera to the milling equipment, hook up the other half of the hardware to the same PC that's running Mach3 and then monitor that computer via VNC from my desk.  It seems like I wouldn't be able to get the audio portion of this "show".
Alternatives?  Is there a plug-in that would help out here?  To me, the microphone and remote sound capability would be a major plus.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Video Montoring With Sound
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
I would not add the video and audio to my Mach PC. Maybe you could search survellance and find a stand alone option for that.  I use VNC to make people think I have a ghost in my shop.  :)

Brett 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!