Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:47:42 PM

Author Topic: Getting Disillusioned with Mach3.  (Read 34306 times)

Re: Getting Disillusioned with Mach3.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
Tweakie and the rest of you fine gentlemen.

I have no complaints to make. I am extreemly happy with Mach3. I use version 22 (the stable version?) and look forward to the release of the next "stable" version. I am very pleased that Brian and ART have both posted here. Its great to see the men in the know and doing the stuff reading gripes etc and then posting replies.

I read with great interest Brians Mach 4 posting. I do have one question, its quite possibly not the place to post here but here goes anyway. I use a G100. I know its old, superceded and not supported but I love it. Its reliable, does the job and has loads of input and outputs available. I do use these. Its also driven via network! All positives. I know its reported that the FRO wont work on the G100 but I made a macropump work around for this and mine works. To a fashion. lol. OK< the question is this, will Mach 4 still work via my G100? I would change to the SS but I prefere not to.

Regards and keep up the good work. MOST appreciated.

Mike.
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
I don't know if it will work with the G100... If Gecko is still going to sell them I would think about it but I am not sure if they do or not :(

Mach4.. soon I hope to tell you all a bit more about what is going on with it.. I want to tell you what is done next, not what we are going to do ;)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 01:20:02 PM »
Brian

Thankyou for your very prompt reply.

I do not think that Gecko sell them. They dont support them and they have dissapeared from their website. I got mine from them around 5 years ago. As I said, I am preperared to go the SS route. I dont need the network version, the USB version would work just as well. I just need more inputs / outputs than the paralel ports offer.

Regards.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
As I said, I am preperared to go the SS route. I dont need the network version, the USB version would work just as well. I just need more inputs / outputs than the paralel ports offer.

Regards.
Mike

As you are needing the I/O the ESS may be a better choice. It has 3 full parallel ports worth of I/O where the USB SS only has 2 and 6 inputs on port 3.

Hood
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »
Hi Hood,

I dont know, I havent botherd looking for alternatives. I am very happy with the G100 but when Mach4 comes out I will migrate even though it looks that I will have to change the motion controller. When that happens I will take advice.

Sorry, that sounded wrong but you know what I mean.

Regards.
Mike.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »
No probs :)
Hood

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
as can be seen from the picture of the test sample I used.

Having tried to make such dials with a carbide engraving tip, I can only drool at this example. Can one commission?

Cheers

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
Lasers do such NICE work, dont they? lol

Art
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:03 PM »
It is quite refreshing to see Mach3 receive a standing ovation in conclusion to a topic titled "Getting Disillusioned with Mach3".
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Great work Tweakie, thanks ART and Brian.
Russ

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
these problems need fix fast as win xp 32 bit will be gone very soon as in next 12 month a stable 64 bit version needs to be done now for lazer,router,mill,lave,plasma ect, as tec gets cheaper like lazers mach3 needs to keep up please keep up. concerend mach3 user