Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:33:52 PM

Author Topic: Getting Disillusioned with Mach3.  (Read 34304 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Disillusioned with Mach3.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
As a Long time user I share your pain. But for the most part I have merged away from Mach3 for the same reasons. Good lord know I have preached about it BUT I am not the squeaky wheel. Many thng s over the years have just stopped working as they did. The CB side has gotten tottally undependable to the AVERAGE user wanting to do macros for MACHINING.

THere was a "short" discussion on the Yahoo site about Plugin programming distractions dealing with Mach3 and the countless hours they stole from the Mach3 debugging over the years

I really wonder where MACH3 would be today if all of those plugin distractions had not come along and all those hours had been to debug Mach3.

HUM??, (;-) TP
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Thanks Tweakie,
Well said. You are not "the only person  in the world (at the moment) that wants to use [ E1P0/E1P1]".  I am having the same problem with my little
laser diode machine, and I, too, experienced the delay in trying to trigger the diode with axis movement.  My work around of using the C axis
direction pin is a less than satisfactory compromise, and forces me to use a custom gcode post processor and mods to my own software program.
Perhaps your post will lead to a proper fix.

Thanks again,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Thanks Guys, you are all very kind.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
Hey Tweakie,
You should be a lathe user ........ ;) :D >:D

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:59 PM »
Tweakie:

I hadnt heard about E1P1 being nonfunctional. Brians at a show, but Ill ask him when he returns what the probalem might be. I think we can probably get that fixed up for you, I put it in orriginally for Laser, but Ive found it has other uses as well so Id hate to see it go away as well, but in this case, if it did go away , Im thinking it was nonintentional.
  Its basically a driver extra command to do soemthign during a particular step pulse. Liek you said, impact as well as Laser needs it so I dont think it is purposelfully gone.

In fact, it may be something I did to the driver on some iteration or another and was not reported to me, but I will look into it, and see about getting it fixed. I know where its generated and I cant see any macro changes having broke it, but Ill check when Brian gets back ..

Thx
Art

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
Tweakie, are you using the SS? I was under the impression the latest plugin for the SS had the M10/11 in it. Does it not work
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
It appears to me that recent revisions have catered for those that shout the loudest.............

Looks like they heard you. ;)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »
Actually, :), the moderators here often ask me to comment when they see someone with a legitimate problem when Brian isnt available.
Cant speak for him, but in problems like this one Brians pretty good about finding an error.

:)
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
Tweakie:

While I think about it... did this problem affect your impact plugin? That seems to have the same functionallity, but in reality uses a totally different methodology? Id like to know if that still works..

Art

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 04:35:36 AM »
Hi Ian,
I will get back to you later today in a PM.

Hi Rich,
Wish I was a lathe user, sometimes.  ;D

Hi Art,
Thanks for the response. As you say, I am sure it was non-intentional but the The E1P1 / E1P0 seems to be a buffer type of problem as it will work for a small number of instances (6 or so) then it will freeze for a while then work then freeze and so on. When it does work it is just such an excellent command for fast switching it would wonderful to get it back again.
The existing Impact/Laser plugin which uses the digital trigger output is not affected by this issue.

Hi Hood,
I must admit to having not tried the very latest SS version software. Thank you for the information.
The Mach derived M10 / M11 suffers similar problems to the E1P1 / E1P0 and will freeze during a long repetitive sequence but the new SS derived commands may behave very differently.
Unfortunately, nothing is ever simple as my SS installation is currently on a milling machine and is not plug for plug compatible with the laser but when I can I will transfer it and see.

Hi Gerry,
You are quite right and it is a bit ironic really because the response has really exceeded my expectations.

Thanks to you all for your assistance,

Tweakie.
PEACE