Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:09:17 PM

Author Topic: Please give me some cnc mill retrofit guidance ?  (Read 3598 times)

Please give me some cnc mill retrofit guidance ?
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:28 PM »
 ???   I have a large 12000 lb cnc mill i am starting to retrofit . st arrting with galil 1842 rev h ,icm 2900 ,contec p10-16/16t
(pci)  and Win/xp computer. machine has yaskawa spindle drive vs616gII , servo dynamics's sd360 drives ,indramat servoIIc motors and drc encoders .im wondering how much of a project to get this running. i have servos ,motors,limit swt and home switchs hooked to icm 2900.i dont know how much programming to galil or mach programming is necessary.
  I have been in cnc operator/programming /engineering for 40 yr. and had my own cnc shop with 5 cnc for 16 yr,repair my own machines down to replacing part/boards. done some basic and fanuc varb prgms. not sure i can handle some of what ive read here  in this form though. can you give me any help. is this a easier way to proceed or would camsoft be an easier or better option.
Re: Please give me some cnc mill retrofit guidance ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
A good place to start would be to download the Galil Plugin PDF.

Up top go to DOWNLOADS / PLUGINS and scoll down untill you see the Galil section.

Darek
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:56:42 PM »
 ;)thankyou, ive read the galil plugin pdf .i understand about 50 pct but it was a good start. thankyou john
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
John,

How far have you gotten with your refit?  I've just started using mach3 on a Bridgeport Boss with steppers and want to upgrade to servos and a dmc-18x2 card.  I too have years in the shop programming and engineering and want to know how your doing.

Mark
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
hello,
in reguards to my progress on my milltronics retrofit. im  working by myself alone running 1-3 machines with not much time. business dropped off to a snale pace sooooooo.
trying to get resolvers wired up ,servos connected ,need to do electrics which is a major problem understanding how to connect them voa relays. thankyou john