Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:45:59 AM

Author Topic: Flatbed prints, G68 and Copy Cat  (Read 2370 times)

Flatbed prints, G68 and Copy Cat
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:05:25 PM »
Hi All,

I'm new to Mach 3 (retrofitting my ginourmous multicam).  It is part of our large format shop and we cut out all sorts of big prints made with our Gandi Jeti flatbed.  The flatbed is very precise, more so than the router.  So we don't need to compensate for stretch.  Rotation is another matter.  The pin registration is quite good, but on a 10 long board things can go a little out of whack.  The print will be square to itself but it might not be perfectly square to the board.  Now that we have the added flexibility of mach 3, especially the coordinate system rotation, this could work out really well for us.  I'd like to permanently affix a camera to the side of the spindle and use it like a visual probe and then use those coordinates to make the calculations to rotate the coordinate system automatically and set the origin.

Has anyone implemented anything like this?

Thanks!
-Ed

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Flatbed prints, G68 and Copy Cat
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:34:19 PM »
That would be fairly easy to do we do something like that with plasma. Move to a known point push a button then move to the reference point push the button and mach will rotate G68  based on the coords recorded.

We use a simple laser pointer to reference the points to be gathered. You would do the same thing only with the video camera as the reference.

(;-) TP