Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:21:11 AM

Author Topic: New Multiple and Complex thread Turning Wizard!!!  (Read 46312 times)

Re: New Multiple and Complex thread Turning Wizard!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
Yeah, that was waht I came up with, too-the bitmaps need to be in a Bitmaps directory under ther Quick Threads directory in Turnaddons.

Scott, any chance you will give us an optioon of using a sharp threading tool and calculating the different minor diameter(for an external thread)? I don't know about you, but tryiung to grind those little tiny flats on the tool si  not for me.

Andy Wander

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 10:19:17 PM »
Thanks,
     That did it for me also.
Scott, it looks even nicer with the bitmaps. ;) You did real good! Now I gotta get a lathe. When I'm talking to the wife about it I'm going to blame it all on you. ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 02:11:49 AM »
Well it looks like the solution for the uploaded Wizard is to put the Bitmaps for the Wizard in the Quick Threads, folder under Turn Addons....  I don't understand why that works here, I have it working on mine as described.....oh, well another mystery.

I am glad you guys figured it out........since, what was working for me was given everyone else grief, I just got to much crap on my computer.......

awander:  I didn't understand  a word about what you was wanting with the thread point tool, can you elaborate in "Little step by step words?"  If I can understand what you want, I can try and do it, (The little threading calculator isn't what your talking about?).

BTW: Any chance any of your Screen designer Guru's can figure out why the Clearance DRO on the internal page keeps changing back to
"3" when you exit/post the wizard and return again from mach??

BTW2:  I use Screen 3 alot, since you can do the VB right there, When I am in screen 4, any dro existing on the page is counting upwards all of them in synch.....anyone else notice this? Is it a bug, or is there a fix?

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 11:17:56 AM »
Well  I posted Quick Threads Rev 1.2 (only documentation changes...)

I only changed the "Readme 1st" instructions, to reflect putting the Bitmap folder(with the bitmaps), into the Quick Threads file.
Basically you just copy and paste the Quick Threads file into your TurnAddons and thats it.

Could a second party on here download the Rev., and see if my instructions above are correct?? Please?? (Just in case).

STILL haven't found what is changing the Clearance DRO on the Internal thread page when you close and come back to the wizard. Not a major issue, you just have to remember to check it, when you navigate back to it.

Scott
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 12:04:59 PM »
Seems to be fine Scott. I downloaded again. Extracted quick threads to my desk top then copied an pasted into turnaddons. I didn't even have to do anything with the bitmaps folder this time. I had extracted it to my desktop as well, copied, went to paste and it was already there. I deleted everything to do with your wizard before I downloaded this time.

Brett
Hope this is what you were asking.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 05:31:27 PM »
Brett,

Thank you,

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 08:44:30 PM »
Well I have posted up Version 2.0 of Quick Threads in this post.

Would you'all that have downloaded and gave feed back, would you look this on over also?? I changed alot in the "Read Me 1st" doc, if you have the time look it over.

Fixes:

1). Fixed the Clearance DRO on the internal page!!!!!!!!!  (Thanks to John Prentice for pointing out that the M1076 Macro also uses this one and cause problems......well he was right!!! I changed the dro to a new number, problem gone).
2). Changed how The M6 cycle post.
3). Fixed other minor bugs.

Added:

1). On the Settings page, I added a Tool Change postion, and you can click a button to have your machine goto the tool change position between ops.
2). On the Int/Ext thread pages, added a button that Will set your Tool offset number = to your Tool number, fill in your tool number and put the button, and it will load the same number as your tool.

As far as I can tell, This should be the last of the BUG revisions, I will do single or multiple threads on a work piece, no problems.
If you find a bug or want a feature, let me know. If it is something I can figure out, I will add it.

Please respond those that use this wizard and let me know what you think?

Scott
fun times
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »
Hi Scott,

I've tweaked your help file a bit to make it more readable.

Any chance you could add the wizard version # to the screen somewhere?

Cheers,

John Dammeyer

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 09:50:29 PM »
John,

Here is an updated version that has you "Edited" Help file, (don't know what you changed, but I take your word for it).
Also, put the Version "2.0" that shows up in the Wizard discritption.

NOTE: Users of the Wizard don't need to download this, unless you want these tweeks done.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »
Hi Scott,

I changed a few spelling mistakes and a bit of sentence structure.  Not much.  Mostly formatting.

In the attached jpg, the help file on the left is the original, the one on the right with my changes which I think is easier to read.

John