Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:15:37 PM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help with Z-axis error codes  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help with Z-axis error codes
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
I use machine coords for my safe Z and usually set it at zero or close to it, maybe -5mm.

The limits are likely correct, it will just depends on what you have set up, X is M2, Y M2, Z M3 so it doesnt really matter that you are seeing + on some and - on others.

Softlimits would normally be set as X and Y min and Z max as Zero  X and Y Max would be the travel of each axis so in your example above 50 and 100. Z Min is the travel of the Z in a negative value.

If you home to the fully positive ends of your travel put a Home Off value equal to the distance the axis is away from the fully negative travel.

Abnormal condition LEDs are a PITA, its a warning telling you somethingis not what you normally have, it may well still be correct so click on the LED and see what it says, if you think its correct tell Mach it is by double clicking on it and saying OK to reset.

Hood
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
Man, that was fast! Thanks for the info. I'll try making those adjustments this evening and let you know how it goes.

Bingart

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
Should have also said if you home in the fully negative values then there is no need for a Home Off value.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
Ok, I'm close to making chips I can almost taste it! Thanks to all of the help that I've been receiving I'm almost there. I've searched this forum and the manual and haven't been able to find an understandable answer to help with setting up Mach3 to control my spindle. That doesn't mean it's not out there, I just need to be able to understand it.

I have a Perske 3 phase 3 HP spindle that is powered through a MagnaTek GPD333 control and I would like to be able to control speed and CW CCW rotation of my spindle through Mach. Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Thanks again for all of the support!

Bingart